lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-31-2010, 01:30 AM   #1
TB33
Not Yet Wild

Default 1995 ezgo silanoid/contacts problem

I have a 1995 ezgo electric golf cart. Im haveing problems with either the silanoid or the contacts i think. When i turn the key on i hear a clicking noise thats comeing from the silanoid. I also hear the same clicking noise when i move the lever from reverse to fwd or vice verse. I put new batterys, new contacts, and a new silanoid on it, but i get nothing when i press the gas petal. I tried crossing out the old silanoid before i put the new one on it, the wrench slipped and sparks went everywhere!!...OUCH!!. Thats why i bout a new silanoid. The only thing else to do that i can think of is maybe changing out the big black board that the other contacts are on, the one with the wires going to it. And maybe change out the black box that the silanoid is attached to. But they want $350.00 for that and i didnt ask how much the contact board cost. Im running out of money!!! Im trying to get this thing running for my 84 year old Dad. It worked fine when i bought it a couple of months ago, batters went dead, put new ones in, worked for a couple of weeks then it just quit. Not sure what to do next or try next.
TB33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-31-2010, 01:45 AM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: 1995 ezgo silanoid/contacts problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB33 View Post
Just checking to see if i posted this in the right fourm
Welcome to BGW

Yeah your in the right forum, whats the problem your having with your solenoid , need more info
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 02:06 AM   #3
TB33
Not Yet Wild

well. I had the local golf cart shop put new batterys and cables in my Dads cart about a month ago, it ran fine for a couple of weeks, now he says it wont go. i went to check it out and when i moved the lever from fwd to reverse i hear a clicking noise comeing from the silanoid. the guy at the cart shop said try crossing out the silanoid, which i tried but my wrench slipped and sparks went everywhere. I figured i fried it so i put on a new silanoid but the same thing happens just a clicking noise. But first i put new contacts in it, when that didnt fix the problem thats when i put the new silanoid on it. All i get is a clicking noise, no response from the gas petal. Key is turned on and batters are bran new. Not sure what to do next..Not sure what else u need to know, Im trying to save money by fixing it myself but im not sure what to try next. I did see a small black wire with a snap on end on the end of it that comes from a little black round box thats mounted where the contacts are, but its not snapped or hooked to anything..scared to snap in on anywhere being i dont know what im doing...maybe if i had a wireing diagram or something to go by...I know this sounds confusing and im probley not giveing you the information you need to help me but im trying. I think maybe the board that the silonoid is attached to might need replacing, or maybe the black board that the contacts are connected to..the one with the wires....I looked under the cart followed the cable from the gas petal that went to a spring, trying to see how or where the petal makes contact to the rest of the electrical system and figure out what makes it go.....no luck.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:18 AM   #4
rib33024

can you post some pics of the battery area, and the black board and box your talking about, and where did you put new contacts in it, tell us more?

and can you click on this link below and tell us which pic looks like your cart,

http://www.shopezgo.com/customer-ser...ialNumber.html
Old 12-31-2010, 03:19 AM   #5
TB33
Not Yet Wild

The manufactory coad is F0595 S/n is 877211 says ezgo textron
The contacts were attached to the end of the FNR lever. I took the screws loose and had to pull a shaft out then the contacts pulled off, it has 4 copper square things ( which i figure are the contacts ) that are pointed in different directions. Its all 1 peice. it cost $25.00 It looked like the 2nd pic that was on the link u sent me..I think it said Medalist 1993-1999 the light blue one....This cart is plain jane,,no bells or whistels..just the basics. my dad is 84 and i tried to make it simple for him to operate..I put the new contacts back on just like the old ones were positioned when i took them off.. if u know what i mean,, lined the shaft back up just like it was and all. made sure it was at the right angle and it hit the stoppers when i flipped the lever from fwd to reverse. I can send u a pic of the batters and etc, but i'll have to do it tomorrow, he lives 65 miles from me. Im trying to save money but its kicking my a-- I know i can fix it, im not giveing up, just a process of alimanation i guess. I either anit got something right or something else needs replaceing but im gonna find it and fix it with your help hopefully..by the way thanks for the help and I'll try and give u as much feedback as i can on the problem..I only have untill now and Monday to get it running. Then i got to go back to work. The parts house is closed on Saturdays and Friday or Monday will be the day i need to buy what i need and put it on.. I dont mind spending $350.00 on replaceing the controler board or whatever its called where the sionoiad is if that will fix it. Was thinking about tradeing it in on a new one but they will onley give me $650.00 for it..I paid $1,100.00 for it. then put $650.00 worth new batterys in it..Now ive spent $50.00 on contacts and silonoiad.. Thats $1,800.00 so far..they want $2,250.00 for what they say is a good used one.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:56 AM   #6
rib33024

Don't need pics right now, it a 95 medalist, but your going to have to do some test to the cart to start checking things off the list,-you said the cart is 65 miles away,

need the battery pack volts ? and what ever those numbers are ??, then you need to put a DVM meter on the two small post on the solenoid, one is + pos, and one is - neg, need a reading from there, and it should be the same as the battery pack volts,
Old 12-31-2010, 10:17 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It will help us GREATLY if you can use the correct names for the cart's components.

(I am doing this for you as well as others, so please do not get offended)

F&R = forward and reverse directional switching assembly
F&R switch cam = Rotating F&R contact and buss bar holder
Cables = anything over 10g
Wire = anything 10g and under in size
Solenoid = a switching device activated by an electrical source
Controller = electronic speed control usually a box with wires and 3 or 4 cables connected to it .. may be silver or black.
Below is the solenoid activation circuit.... There is the possibility that your problem is a bad micro switch or worse damage (controller) created by your dropping a metal wrench into the contacts?
I hope this helps:

TXT solenoid activation
Power starts on the White wire on the 36+ of the battery pack.
Power travels to the charger receptacle, goes through a reed switch inside the receptacle and comes out on the red 12 gauge red wire.
The red wire travels back through the loom to the Forward and reverse switch where it attaches to a micro.
The other side of that micro has a blue wire attached that runs under the cart to the front and arrives at the keyswitch.
The keyswitch then transfers power to a green wire which returns to the area of the Forward and Reverse switch.
the power then goes through a 4 pin Molex connector and travels to the "pedal Box" (located under the floorboard of the car) where it goes through a micro and comes out on another red wire.
That red wire comes back up to the Controller/F&R area where it once again goes through the 4 pin molex connector and continues on to the small post of the solenoid.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 02:45 PM   #8
TB33
Not Yet Wild

0k, i'll get them to you asap. Is there a wireing diagram for this cart i could look at, Not for the batterys but for the rest of the cart?
Old 12-31-2010, 02:54 PM   #9
rib33024

Check here

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...g-manuals.html
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO