lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2011, 03:57 PM   #1
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

Default E-Z-GO reconditioning

O.K., finally i'm about to recondition a golf cart. I've wanted to do it for quite some time, and I'm going to start in a week or two. Of course, I have some questions:
1- I know the E-Z-GO bodies are secured by 3/16 and 1/4 rivets, so how many of each do I need?
2- I am going to need new batteries and genuine E-Z-GO parts, so I need to know the best way to get the batteries.
3- I need to know how to contact E-Z-GO for wholesale information. I dont think paying retail will turn out very well.

I think I found the cart I am going to buy, but it's not official. I do know that whatever cart I get it is going to be an E-Z-GO TXT because there shouldn't be to many major problems with these as they are at the most 15 years old, and the TXT and similar E-Z-GO's are the only carts I know how to refurbish. Any help is appreciated.
Legendary Golf Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-22-2011, 04:46 PM   #2
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Default Re: E-Z-GO reconditioning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendary Golf Carts View Post
O.K., finally i'm about to recondition a golf cart. I've wanted to do it for quite some time, and I'm going to start in a week or two. Of course, I have some questions:
1- I know the E-Z-GO bodies are secured by 3/16 and 1/4 rivets, so how many of each do I need?
2- I am going to need new batteries and genuine E-Z-GO parts, so I need to know the best way to get the batteries.
3- I need to know how to contact E-Z-GO for wholesale information. I dont think paying retail will turn out very well.

I think I found the cart I am going to buy, but it's not official. I do know that whatever cart I get it is going to be an E-Z-GO TXT because there shouldn't be to many major problems with these as they are at the most 15 years old, and the TXT and similar E-Z-GO's are the only carts I know how to refurbish. Any help is appreciated.
Ummm, your going to become an Ez-go dealer to avoid paying retail? I think you could buy a new cart cheaper!

I would contact the site sponsors, when you know what parts you will need.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:33 PM   #3
todo_brane_ded
.....He, not ME

E-Z-GO

Default Re: E-Z-GO reconditioning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendary Golf Carts View Post

Frankly, I think you need to do some more lern'n before you go forward and get yourself a business license....

The EZ-GO has a "Rivet Kit" that you buy as a package and contains all rivets to reinstall an EZ body.

Batteries? I would guess that you would need to contact a local wholesaler to get pricing and availability. You're likely not going to get that info here.

EZ-GO has a website. Do a Google search and use their toll free number. If you're looking to buy directly from them they likely will require some business info from you....retail location, tax info, etc.

Personally, I think you should go ahead with your plans to do a (re)build of a used EZ and see what your skill level is as well as getting some experience under your belt.

JMO...
todo_brane_ded is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
e-z-go, recondition, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO