lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-19-2011, 02:23 PM   #1
Nibeck
Not Yet Wild

Default How do I remove these?

Trying to replace a broken Generator mount. When removing the two bolts that hold it in place, they bump into the pulleys on the driveshaft. I'm assuming I need to remove much of the frive assembly. Any suggestion on how to proceed?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16699085@N00/5849446253/

1983 Gas ez-go

_mike
Nibeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-19-2011, 05:22 PM   #2
racin161
Gone Wild

Default Re: How do I remove these?

Mike your going to have to remove the drive clutch. Remove the center bolt and you will have to use a removal tool to remove the clutch.Type in ezgo clutch removal and you will see you can make or buy the tool.One word to the wise while you have the clutch off replace the crank seal before reinstalling.Also if you have the engine out also replace the flywheel side. Now is the time to do this.
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:41 PM   #3
Nibeck
Not Yet Wild

Racin, thanks for the input. I thought I would have to pull all of that off. Will do. Quick question, you mentioned "replace the flywheel side". What do you mean by "flywheel side"? Flywheel side of what? the clutch?

_mike
Nibeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:21 PM   #4
firecart1
Getting Wild

I'm 99.999% sure that he's talking about the other crank seal behind the flywheel. There are 2 crank seals....one behind the clutch and one behind the flywheel. Hope this helps!!
firecart1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:56 AM   #5
racin161
Gone Wild

Sorry firecart is correct I did mean the flywheel side crank seal.Replacing only the clutch side is asking for trouble. By your pic it appears the drive clutch side has already started to seep thats not good and you can't see the flywheel side seal without removing the flywheel. When the flywheel is removed you will have to remove the palser coil mounted to the engine before replacing the seal just two little screws. Pay attention to where its located. Plate will be centered in the slots. If unsure mark the screw and plate and reassemble it in the same location as removed after the seal has been replaced. JUST A HEADS UP to save time.
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO