lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2011, 03:04 PM   #1
ECC Golfer
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Solenoid test procedure, Intermittent cart operation

05 CC DS 48v (all batteries tested at 8.47 to 8.52, cables tight and clean)cart operates intermittantly, sometimes solenoid will click and cart will lurch, sometimes no solenoid click and cart will not moveand sometimes it runs like a champ.

I searched the forum this morning and found where someone had posted a link to test various systems on a CC.

Computer at work would not let me print how to test a solenoid, sounded simple enough so I thought I could remember the answer.

Jacked up the rear end and while I had the voltmeter on the large posts of the solenoid my daughter depressed the acc pedal until we heard a click and the wheels moved. I think what I read this AM said I should get a reading of 48 volts. I got all 00.00v.

While I was posting this my local cart guy pulled up to the house. We have spent the last 45 minutes testing everything on the cart. Can't find anything wrong and he tested the solenoid and also got the 00.00v reading. Ordering a new solenoid today and will keep it handy.

Any thoughts?
ECC Golfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2011, 03:55 PM   #2
gaminde
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Solenoid test procedure, Intermittent cart operation

Sure meter goes to small terminal with yellow wire going to it this is negative and when running or pedal depressed all other terminals should read 48 vdc.

If not then move meter to - negative 48 battery post and check all terminals only one is hot when not activated three are hot when activated and one is negative.
gaminde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:49 AM   #3
ECC Golfer
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Solenoid test procedure, Intermittent cart operation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaminde View Post
Sure meter goes to small terminal with yellow wire going to it this is negative and when running or pedal depressed all other terminals should read 48 vdc.

If not then move meter to - negative 48 battery post and check all terminals only one is hot when not activated three are hot when activated and one is negative.
Thanks gaminde, I will try that this afternoon.

On another note, while we were checking the cart yesterday I noticed the zip tie was missing from the acc pedal (another thread suggested this to take up slack between pedal and MCOR) put another zip tie on and the cart ran great. No hesitation or intermittent operation. Faster too. Go figure
ECC Golfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car