lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-25-2011, 07:59 PM   #11
badbowtie
Getting Wild

Default Re: 36v club car solenoid problem

I will check into that tomorrow and see what is going on some more but I did notice today when I was moving it around I start to press the pedal first click then press a tad more and get another click and still nothing at the third click is when it starts to go. Which according to the way I have it figured out that would mean the second solenoid would be bad from the left not the fourth. But need to find a good diagram that shows which color wires from the slide boxes goes to which solenoid to figure out if they are wrong.
badbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-25-2011, 08:47 PM   #12
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbowtie View Post
I will check into that tomorrow and see what is going on some more but I did notice today when I was moving it around I start to press the pedal first click then press a tad more and get another click and still nothing at the third click is when it starts to go. Which according to the way I have it figured out that would mean the second solenoid would be bad from the left not the fourth. But need to find a good diagram that shows which color wires from the slide boxes goes to which solenoid to figure out if they are wrong.
You may have two bad ones. Just because it clicks doesn't mean it's good. That's where the brake pedal trick comes into play
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:41 PM   #13
badbowtie
Getting Wild

Okay I tried it at the same time as pressing the brake and I have one click master then next click still not moving then thrid click starts to move then I press the gas another click and it has nothing like I don't even have to hold the brake then fifth click It really takes off holding the brake. So I am guessing the 2nd and fourth solenoids are not working so I guess I need two of them. Is there a easy way with a voltmeter just to make sure they are not working before I go buy two of them.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:45 PM   #14
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

sometimes you just can,t trust even the trusty voltmeter if you did what you said i would replace them.............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:57 PM   #15
badbowtie
Getting Wild

will it damage anything or hurt run time with the 2 bad solenoids until I get new ones?
Old 08-26-2011, 10:07 PM   #16
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

no your just missing a few speeds and won,t shift as smooth but i have seen people just keep driving the cart with only 1 speed...........................
Old 08-29-2011, 05:47 AM   #17
badbowtie
Getting Wild

Well saturday morning I was able to get two solenoids and got them in and everythinng seems to be working good. Thanks for all the help sure there will be more questions/problems.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:34 AM   #18
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

thanks for the update............................
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car