lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-27-2011, 07:25 AM   #11
Gso125
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Charging a 2006 CC P 46v

I just checked it out and it's still on and the amps are at 12. The bottom of the charger is very hot but I can hold the handle and top and sides. So hopefully it's working ok. It's been 6 hours what is average time to charge. Will the amps keep dropping to almost nothing then the charger shuts off?

It has the Trojan batteries red with white caps. Do those just pop off and if they were low would I fill with water or distill water. I haven't taken one out but from the top they look newer / clean. How can I tell age do they pug dates on them somewhere.

Thanks Gerry
Gso125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-27-2011, 07:31 AM   #12
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

chargers are set to time out at 16 hours and shut off auto....if it runs 16 hours and shuts off you can unplug itand wait 1 minute and start charging again................once you get around 5 amps depending on batteries it might sit there for hours and hours ................everything depends on how well batteries have been maintained.............the very worst thing you can do is plug charger in and then unplug it after 4 or 5 hours and drive it thinking that was enough charge time.........it wasn,t..............always let the charger do its thing until its done even if at 1st you have to double charge..........that will only happen a few times................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:39 AM   #13
Gso125
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you very much for that info. I need to clear a spot in my garage and hopefully i can leave it out till 6pm and hope it don't rain before. If it does I'll cut it short put it inside for the next cycle. Thank to Gerry
Old 08-27-2011, 10:14 AM   #14
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i have a box with the side cut out and lined with plastic so if it rains i just put the box over the charger and its good to go.......works pretty darn well..................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:03 PM   #15
Gso125
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I shut off the charger at the 12 hour mark and drove the cart approx 1000 feet and and put it in my garage. It was at 5amps when I shut it off. I plugged it back in and it was about 7 amps. I could hear the batteries making bubbling noise but they were not hot on top. 6 hours later and about 18 hours total the charger shut off. I tested the batteries and the total voltage was 52vdc and 13vdc each battery.

There was a letter/ number on the neg posts. Battery's are Trojan and It's stamped F0. Would Thayer mean the date of June 2010?

Thanks Gerry
Old 08-28-2011, 05:58 AM   #16
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

F = June . . . 0 = 2010
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 07:45 AM   #17
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gso125 View Post
It has the Trojan batteries red with white caps. Do those just pop off and if they were low would I fill with water or distill water. I haven't taken one out but from the top they look newer / clean.
pop off the caps. fill each cell with just enough water to cover the plates. after a full charge, check again and fill to about 1/4" above the top of the plates.
-sj
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car