lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2012, 10:50 AM   #21
csason
Love my Big Block

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Golf Cart with ATV Engine and Drivetrain

My guess is, he got it all hooked up went out and punched it, did a tailspin into a hogpen or something, and ditched the whole thing..

just a guess.. it was a year and a half ago.

csason is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2012, 01:28 PM   #22
CollegeCart
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Sorry I have not been very good at updating this blog.

I have not been able to put much time into the cart over the spring and summer, because I go to school a couple hours away from the cart.

However, I have made some good progress and plan on attempting to knock out the remainder of work this fall.

I have obtained a small dc, air-compressor which will make the air-ride suspension adjustable on the fly.

I rigged a system that connects the ATV's carburetor to the gas pedal of the golf cart. This took much longer than expected, because I had to create my own way of attaching the ATV throttle cable to the E-Z GO gas pedal pulleys, added a limit switch to the fuel pump, because the ATV carburetor was gravity fed, and then had to shorten the throttle spring on the gas pedal to allow the throttle to open all the way. (another lever will be added so the transmission can be thrown in reverse)

I've also welded a lever to the ATV's foot shifter, which is goes in between the driver and passenger so the driver can shift the cart like a "slap-shift"

Currently have plans, but need to implement a braking system: Thinking about using the ATV's existing disc brakes on the rear only and extending the brake line to the existing brake pedal. (Using flexible but hard brake line)

Also going to create the clutch pedal out of the ATV's clutch lever mount, so I can use the two wire reverse button system.

After that I'll work on a custom exhaust. I'm thinking dual pipes out the back in parallel with an extremely muffled exhaust for when I want to be quiet, with a gas valve to switch in between the two.

Then a switch to turn on the air compressor and a release valve.

Then electrical system followed finally by cosmetics, such as nice side panels, seats and lights.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (324.8 KB, 0 views)
CollegeCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:56 AM   #23
sdg8569
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

wow sounds awesome
sdg8569 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
300ex, atv to golf cart, ez go, honda, marathon project
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO