lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-22-2011, 09:02 PM   #1
loflyer2880
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Talking fuel pump issues on a 295

Got my rig to fire last weekend and I have fuel pump issues. When I look at the fuel lines they look good and not collapsed. Awful hard 90 degree turn where the line comes out of the tank. Is this a issue? do I need to prime the pump?Is there a way to test the pump? I can barely feel a little suction on the back side of the line going to the engine. Am I supposed to feel alot of suction? hook a brother up with your god like info you guru's of the cart world.
loflyer2880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-27-2011, 09:44 PM   #2
RED7218
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: fuel pump issues on a 295

I'm sure someone with more expreience will chime in, but I've had to replace a bunch of those things. I've replaced two or three on the cart I have now and got tired of replacing them on a old Yamaha and replaced it with a small 3 psi. automotive electric pump. I also had to replace the same pump on an Argo 6x6 I've got. I'm thinking of putting an electric on it if it goes out again so I don't get stranded out in the woods. They all use the same ?? Mikuni ?? style pump..Personally, I think the ethanol in the gas messes up the diapham in them. They're not cheap either I think the cheapest I could find was about $25 on Ebay. The little electric was $40 at the Zone.

I'd be interested in hearing what other people have to say about them or about replacing them with an electric pump...
RED7218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:03 PM   #3
RED7218
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Did anyone ever comment on this?
RED7218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:49 PM   #4
1lane66
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I've gone through 2 pumps on mine already and haven't got it to run properly yet. I've even taken the spacer out and mounted pump straight to the block using a gasket to seal it and still no help. Have thought about the electric fuel pump idea but wasn't sure as to the amount of psi required and not to over do it to the point of constant flooding out carb. How did you hook yours up electrically so it came on when pedal was pressed? I had thought of running power off the micro switch on the pedal but don't know if that would work. Donald........ almost forgot ,,,,mines an 88/87 marthon with a 2pg robin engine.
1lane66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:35 PM   #5
LURCH
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I thought I was having fuel pump issues on my 01 Yamaha, when I got the cart it had been sitting for about 3 years. You could trickle gas in the top of carb and it would run when you quit it would die. I called a friend that worked for Yamaha going around to golf courses and working on their cart's. He said as far as these carts go he very seldom had to replace the fuel pump and told me to check the vacuum lines ( ends swell up and get loose ) to the pump and the filter ( replaced ) and last the carb. I found my problem in the carb, took it apart cleaned everything bought new gaskets at the lawn mower shop put it back together adjusted it and it worked fine.

Hope this helps, LURCH!!!!!!

Sorry just seen the 295 part not the Ez Go
LURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:20 PM   #6
smokey196240
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I put a small elc. pump on mine runs great put a small ball valve inline to cut flow a little
smokey196240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO