lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2012, 02:30 PM   #1
Noahelijahleah
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car won't move

We use our golf cart for a different reason than most of you do. I have a 7 year old daughter with special needs. She loved riding Power Wheels with her brothers, but they got of big for them. My neighbor was selling his Club Car last summer, some bought it off of him. I'm not sure what year it is. We had to buy all new batteries and had it taken to a repair shop to be looked at and the batteries replaced. This afternoon my son was driving her around our yard and it just stopped moving. We've been keeping it charged. It won't drive forward or reverse. It does beep when you put it into reverse. I checked all of the battery connections. There were a couple that were kind of loose, so I tightened them, but it still won't go. Do you guys have any idea what may be wrong? Thanks!
Noahelijahleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2012, 02:32 PM   #2
98kicker
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Club Car won't move

Do you know for sure your charger is working
98kicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:37 PM   #3
Noahelijahleah
Not Yet Wild

It's making a buzzing sound like it always did and the amps thing is moving up. Sorry, I know nothing about these kinds of things and my husband is at work. Is there a way to see if the charger is working?
Old 05-06-2012, 05:02 PM   #4
Noahelijahleah
Not Yet Wild

My husband looked at it. He said that it looks like a line that comes from the bottom of the gas pedal to the back tire is frayed. That may be our problem. Any idea what that line may be? I also looked at the serial number and it looks like it's a 1990.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:52 AM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

1st thing we need is the year the model and voltage.................theres a tag on lower dash right about center the 1st 2 #,s are year...........also does it have a lever or rocker switch for forward & reverse? and batteries how many water fill holes per battery? 3 per battery = 36 volt cart and 4 per battery = 48 volt cart this is important in trying to diagnose cart...............and to be quite honest if you know nothing about elec. carts you can do much more damage to it .................that being said we need this basic info to help............................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:44 PM   #6
Noahelijahleah
Not Yet Wild

It is a 1990. It has a lever for forward and reverse. There are 3 water holes per battery. We would never try to fix it ourselves. Just trying to get an idea what it may be and how much it's going to cost us to get it fixed.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:02 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If you recently had it in a shop and you found a couple of loose connections that is not a good sign. Another loose connection any where could cause it to stop. I say call them out to take a look at it and let them know you were surprised to find a few loose connections!
Good luck.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:55 AM   #8
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahelijahleah View Post
It is a 1990. It has a lever for forward and reverse. There are 3 water holes per battery. We would never try to fix it ourselves. Just trying to get an idea what it may be and how much it's going to cost us to get it fixed.
ok so you have a 1990 36 volt DS ................are you capable enough to jack the rear end up and jump the 2 large post on solenoid?.......if so than jack rear up jump large post turn key on put in gear and press pedal if wheels spin replace solenoid if not post back..............other than loose wires/cables theres not a whole lot to the cart so fixing it shouldn,t be real hard.........................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 05:40 PM   #9
sorsbytracy
Not Yet Wild

My 92 club car will not move. We just purchased it and put batteries on it. It will buzz if it is in rev. We traced wires and still nothing. We jacked it up and jumped solenoid but wheels didn't turn. Help
sorsbytracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 06:53 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorsbytracy View Post
My 92 club car will not move. We just purchased it and put batteries on it. It will buzz if it is in rev. We traced wires and still nothing. We jacked it up and jumped solenoid but wheels didn't turn. Help
Could be a simple case of not having the batteries properly connected or something else. But your best bet is to start your own thread and post the serial # and voltage of the cart along with a real short history of the problem.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car