lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2012, 02:49 PM   #1
T.Wells
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Question Assistance in Synchronizing my Upgrade List

Hello, as a relatively new cart owner (1-year), I am getting the urge to update my cart to my personal preferences. I have a 4-seat, electric, Club Car DS (2006) running 48v (4 x 12v) batteries. To the best of my knowledge, everything in the cart is normal stock when I purchased a year ago except I was told that the batteries are “newer”. Just this past week, I sent to cart to the auto body shop to get painted (BMW A35 – Monaco Blue Metallic) and prior to doing so, I added front and back seat belts, headlights and taillights along with a voltage reducer. With the cart coming back soon, I am getting anxious to add other upgrades but need to keep the budget in mind as the painting has really but me back.

To this end, I wanted to ask for help in synchronizing the order my upgrades so that I don’t have double-work or to make sure that I add things in an appropriate fashion. My wish list is as follows:

• Dash with radio and speakers. I am considering this one: http://www.buggiesunlimited.com/golf...ling-dash/8911 but not sure about the color, either silver or woodgrain
o Radio – Wanted to get something like this so that I have a dock for the phone and also able to use it to play music.
Amazon.com: Dual XML8100 AM/FM Mechless Receiver with iPod Dock, BT Ready, SWI, iPlug, and Remote (Black): Electronics Amazon.com: Dual XML8100 AM/FM Mechless Receiver with iPod Dock, BT Ready, SWI, iPlug, and Remote (Black): Electronics
• Voltage meter (Scotty’s?)
• Bump in speed (Speedy link?)
• 6” spindle lift kit with new tires/rims (leaning toward All Sport kit)
• Seat rails and Steering Wheel cover to match dash

So, my biggest question is does the order listed above seem like a reasonable upgrade path? Also, should I wait to save the extra cash to install the voltage meter at the same time as the dash, radio, and speakers? Will this make running the wires and installing the dash easier? I was thinking instead of putting the dash on, then taking it off later to install the meter, doing it all at once may be a better approach.

I am open to your ideas and thoughts.

Thanks,
T.Wells
T.Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-20-2012, 07:48 AM   #2
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Assistance in Synchronizing my Upgrade List

I would do the dash, stereo and meter install at the same time and be done with it. As for the other upgrades you mention, it would be a personal preference whether those wait on the dash/stereo or not.
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car