lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-09-2012, 11:37 AM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New Rebuild from the Ground Up!!

I don't think I have seen 8/6v under the seat of a Marathon.... I added them in the Bagwell on mine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1133.JPG (1.10 MB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-09-2012, 12:16 PM   #12
mtpolarbear
Polar Bear wild to you...

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonkulor View Post
Cool Beans Pat and Zack! I'm glad your underway. I do have a few questions. Are you going to weld all this stuff up yourself? And, Are you going to go with an ITS throttle or something of that nature vs. a solid rod link from your pedal?

Like Boke suggested, 8-6v is better and others have packed the batteries under the seat. Offtwice also did it too. My biggest reason for asking how you are going to throttle your cart is because I want to go with 8-6v batteries as well but all my linkage is in the way for me to do that.

Zack will be joyed once you guys wash and rattle can the motor and dif.

Good luck Pat

Shon
Shon, I am going to do all the welding myself. I can fabricate not too bad but on the throttle I need to do some homework and for ALL of the elctronics. I would like to get the electronics as current as possible so therefore I am leaning toward 48 volts and modifying the bagwell to fit the extra batteries in there. I am planning on a custom rear seat/cargo bed so I will not need the bagwell area.

Before getting too far with the fabrication I'm thinking I want to get all of the electronics ordered as well as the batteries so I can have a custom fit.

I will have plenty of other work to do while I save up for all of that stuff. The only part of the project I won't be doing myself will be powder coating the frame. I can get it done for about $150 locally. SO that is a lot cheaper that buying an infrared light and taking forever. I am set up for PC the smaller parts.

Also body work and maybe fiberglass work for the canopy etc. will take up some time as well. Zack & I are in no hurry so we will have some great father/son time laughing, cursing (well dad will) and scratching our heads.

Ok enough I am going in the shop and get ready for tonight's start!!!

Last edited by mtpolarbear; 11-09-2012 at 12:19 PM.. Reason: Spelling
mtpolarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:08 AM   #13
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpolarbear View Post
Shon, I am going to do all the welding myself. I can fabricate not too bad but on the throttle I need to do some homework and for ALL of the elctronics. I would like to get the electronics as current as possible so therefore I am leaning toward 48 volts and modifying the bagwell to fit the extra batteries in there. I am planning on a custom rear seat/cargo bed so I will not need the bagwell area.

Before getting too far with the fabrication I'm thinking I want to get all of the electronics ordered as well as the batteries so I can have a custom fit.

I will have plenty of other work to do while I save up for all of that stuff. The only part of the project I won't be doing myself will be powder coating the frame. I can get it done for about $150 locally. SO that is a lot cheaper that buying an infrared light and taking forever. I am set up for PC the smaller parts.

Also body work and maybe fiberglass work for the canopy etc. will take up some time as well. Zack & I are in no hurry so we will have some great father/son time laughing, cursing (well dad will) and scratching our heads.

Ok enough I am going in the shop and get ready for tonight's start!!!

Right on Pat! Sounds like your rooted pretty well in your situation and know what to do. $150 to powder coat the frame is good deal. I paid $200 and I thought I was getting a good deal. BTW I had never welded, besides mechanic school, before I started my project. Wire feed was a joy to learn but the Oxy has been my greatest pleasure to learn. I'm betting your boy is going to learn a lifetime of priceless skills others have no idea about.

Again, I *tip my hat to you Sir.
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:55 PM   #14
mtpolarbear

E-Z-GO

Here is some progress from this weekend. Zack had a blast with tear down.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-11-09_17-56-28_244.jpg (182.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-11-09_20-12-06_751.jpg (208.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-11-10_11-32-21_813.jpg (207.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-11-10_13-26-15_990.jpg (68.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-11-11_13-06-44_579.jpg (171.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-11-2012, 05:03 PM   #15
mtpolarbear

E-Z-GO

Here are some more pics. Now the real work begins. Also some fabrication, which being the anal retentive person I am, will take some time. I want to make sure everything is dry fit before the powder coat. I'll keep posting some progress pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-11-11_13-07-20_348.jpg (200.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-11-11_13-07-52_468.jpg (166.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-11-11_14-26-44_856.jpg (180.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-11-2012, 07:12 PM   #16
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

This is gonna be fun... Thanks for sharing and keep up the pics!

Zack, ya got a cool pops buddy.

Have Fun with the build!
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:32 PM   #17
mtpolarbear

E-Z-GO

hey guy help me out here. On this build I am getting rid of the swivel arm suspension from the gas and want to install heavy duty rear springs and shackles. Who makes the best springs and are the USA made? Also who has the best deal?
Old 11-12-2012, 07:59 PM   #18
mtpolarbear

E-Z-GO

Well here are some pics of the 36V motor. I took it apart to clean and after looking at it I'm thinking that 48V is the way to go with a new souped up motor!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Old 36 Volt Motor (1).jpg (181.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Old 36 Volt Motor (2).jpg (203.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Old 36 Volt Motor (3).jpg (210.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Old 36 Volt Motor (4).jpg (252.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Old 36 Volt Motor (5).jpg (84.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-12-2012, 08:17 PM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

There are more options for the newer Style motors and differentials. Can you locate something newer to work with? Especially since you are putting so much time into this project & wanting to go 48v.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:11 AM   #20
mtpolarbear

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
There are more options for the newer Style motors and differentials. Can you locate something newer to work with? Especially since you are putting so much time into this project & wanting to go 48v.
Scotty I was think along those lines as well. I do want to go with top of line electronics, so yes I will be getting an up to date differential.

I will PM you about the electronics, etc.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO