lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-10-2013, 10:42 PM   #1
hammertime
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Starting a 1991 marathon rebuild

I bought a 1991 ezgo marathon electric for 650 this week to bring up to the lake and decided that I am going to make it a bit nicer. I have decided that I am going to do the following: strip it down to the frame (or as far as I can get) to clean it up and reprint it with some rustoleum, I may need to do a bit of repair work on the battery tray. Is there a post on how to get the different body parts off? I got started tonight but didn't get that far. I am going to replace the floor mat with herculiner, buy a new dash, plasti dip the body camo green, put a 4 inch lift in it, add some diamond plated rocker panels, re cover the seats and add a rear seat, and add some bigger wheels and tires to fit the lift kit. Tail lights too, currently only has headlights. I am looking for just larger standard wheels with bigger tires and I am going to plasti dip them matte black. I will also be painting the top matte black. With a 4 inch lift what size wheel and tire would look good? It has brand new standard 8 inch wheels with brand new turf tires, so I am open to a trade for my new wheels and tires for some larger ones that will accommodate that lift. Any help is appreciated and I will add pics tomorrow and as I go! This one is for the lake so I am not going over the top $ wise so any ideas on how to keep it cheap are appreciated! Here we go and once again plz let me know if there is a good thread that shows how to remove the body panels so I canlasti dip them or if I am better off painting them in place. Not looking for this mod to be perfect!
hammertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-11-2013, 09:53 AM   #2
hammertime
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Starting a 1991 marathon rebuild

Has anyone ever used the roll in bedliner paint for their floor board? The floor mat was in bad shape, i took it out and i want to clean up and use that grippy liner on the floor board. thoughts?
Old 02-11-2013, 01:33 PM   #3
hammertime
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Can I do paint leaving some trim on and just taping it off. I dont want to get too crazy and it doesnt need to be perfect. I dont want to disassemble too far, I need this functional by may 1st!
Old 02-11-2013, 01:35 PM   #4
hammertime
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

A couple of more questions before I order anything else. If i put a 4" lift kit in, I will need bigger tires. I am thinking 20-8-8's will work? can i put them on my stock rims once the lift kit is in or do i need different rims (offsets)? I have 4 new tires and rims (8 inch) that came with the cart and I was hoping i could just buy bigger tires and sell the ones currently on the rims. Please let me know what you think. also, to put in a rear seat do you need to change anything with the suspension? I plan on keeping the motor as is for now since this is just for around the campground.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #5
hammertime
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

what is the best way to get these plastic pieces off? I didnt want to go to crazy on them last night because I want to put them back on the cart.

Old 02-11-2013, 01:42 PM   #6
hammertime
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

would this be a resistor type? newbie to this rebuild stuff. Motor runs strong, not the fastest but good enough for what I need. Cables look decent, not sure how old the are. I dont know if I should replace these or just stick with them. I think they were replaced when the last set of batteries went in 2 years ago.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:44 PM   #7
fishb8
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

For the rims, 8 inchs rims are 8 inch rims.

I'm pretty sure those plastic piece are held down with rivets. just drill right through the middle.

I don't know about the bed liner, but I can't see why it would not work.
fishb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:45 PM   #8
fishb8
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Looks like a controller to me. take a picture front straight over head.
If it is a controller there should be a crappy plastic hood over the top of it. Held on by a bolt or screw.
fishb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:08 PM   #9
hammertime
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

it does have a crappy plastic cover over something in the middle of the batteries.

so this is better than the resistor type?
Old 02-11-2013, 04:52 PM   #10
76sporty
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

the whole top part of my cart is painted with bed liner
76sporty is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO