lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-12-2013, 08:00 PM   #1
type911
Not Yet Wild

Default Thoughts on my Build?

Ok, Starting out with a 95 Medelist completely stock. 2.5hp Motor 36V Series Cart

Parts on Hand
300 Amp Alltrax Controller
Jakes Drop Lift
23" tires on 12 inch wheels.

Purchasing from Scotty B when Have some cash.
HD FnR Switch
2 AWG wires all around

I also have a spare 3hp Series Motor from a 2000 TXT
Is it worth installing over the 2.5?

Anyone see any problems? Im worried about the tire size. Be running on rds and dirt roads mostly. Me,The Wife and 2 small children.

Thanks Folks
type911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-13-2013, 10:23 AM   #2
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Default Re: Thoughts on my Build?

Hey there buddy!! Welcome to the 95 Medalist club, they are rare creatures with a distinct look - I've got one myself, check out my build in the journal link below.

Post pics of your cart and progress.. You've come to the right place, be ready to learn a lot and spend a TON

Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:03 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

You will gain about 3MPH and loose about 22% of the stock torque with the 23" tires, while only gaining back about 9% of the torque going from a stock (275A) controller to a 300A controller.

With a 300A controller, there probably won't be all that much difference between the two motors mentioned.

I suspect there might be a 400A or 500A controller, or shorter tires, at sometime in the future.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:44 AM   #4
type911
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dela View Post
Hey there buddy!! Welcome to the 95 Medalist club, they are rare creatures with a distinct look - I've got one myself, check out my build in the journal link below.

Post pics of your cart and progress.. You've come to the right place, be ready to learn a lot and spend a TON

Darn your cart makes me second guess putting on the plastic TXT body. Thanks for the replies. ill get some pics up. I tore it down to the frame. Blasted it. epoxy paint on the frame. Waiting for my new batt tray..Trying out a colorshift paint on the body. cant wait to get it all back together.
type911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO