lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-13-2013, 04:25 PM   #1
bigpoppi
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default A Build Question for all and ScottyB

first winter with the cart, tackled a few drifts here in northern Ohio, makes me feel young again. now the question/questions... upgrading the controller to the #909, didn't want to kick myself later for not getting the larger one down the road.... 2 awg wires.... adding 2-6volt batteries to the ones I have to get to 48 volts.... sugestions on a PDQ motor, or leave it stock? I have the new brakes in the garage, the dash mount volt meter from ScottyB, and with yesterday being my Birthday, the wife told me to get something...? am I forgetting anything in this cart revamping? I want my caterpilar to blossum and fly,, and hope I can stop it...
bigpoppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-13-2013, 04:32 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: A Build Question for all and ScottyB

These carts do well on 42 or 48 volts. I suggest you upgrade to 48v and check it out... you may not need any more excitement than that. Seriously with Pkg 909 you will have about 65% more torque and enough speed to make you wish those new brakes were on the cart.
Nice to hear the wife is so understanding, I'd keep her if I was you.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:41 PM   #3
bigpoppi
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

So, your suggestion, order the #909, and the 2 awg cables for 8-6volt batteries, put on the disc brakes and hold on tight??? lol. Can I get a 'ballpark' price for this upgrade, and add a 48 volt charger too.
bigpoppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:49 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Shoot me an email
scottyb@cartsunlimited.net or call
855-888- CARTS
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO