lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2013, 03:39 PM   #1
TexasHunter
Not Yet Wild

Default The Adventure Begins

Hello Guys. I bought a 1988 Marathon gas cart last week with the intention of turning it into a hunting ready cart. I am looking forward to a fun project to share with my son. I have been looking around the web and would like to ask for coaching & opinions on the project plan to take a stock cart that is running good to a lifted buggy.

Here are my questions:
1. What type of lift kit do you recommend? ( I am thinking about 5-6 inches of lift.
2. Should I put in new shocks when doing the lift?
3. What type of tires do you recommend? I will be using the cart on both roads & trails so I am considering all terrains. Thoughts?
4. The cart currently does not have a back seat or cover and I would like to add these eventually, where can you find the best value for price on these items?
5. Service manual- is there a place where I can download the service manual without having to spend $60+? I am a novice mechanic and will need a manual to help guide me through some of this work.
6. What are your thoughts on removing / modifying the governor on these models? I tested the speed and it topped out at about 14mph. Would be great to get a bit more speed if it wont hurt the engine.

Thanks in advance for any responses and I know this is a long list of questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will take a few pics to post so you can see its starting condition.

Thanks,
Stephen
TexasHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Tags
lift, modifications, new cart, service manual
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO