lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2013, 05:11 PM   #1
NorthernCat
Not Yet Wild

Default G1 source coil

Hello everyone. Looking for help. I have a g1 cart that did run but it lost spark. I did the aftermarket cdi kit with the $5 chinese minibike kit and it still did not resolve the issue, so i thought it may have been the sparkplug coil so i got a new one of those and no go, i do believe the original was bad as it was not passing ohm tests.

I ohmed the stator and the pulser coil checks out at 15 but the source coil is around 380 but no continuity. And i read with no continuity they are bad...sooo

What do i do for a source coil as i have no clue where to turn now for this.

Also the battery should be negative to solenoids and positive to the starter generator right?

Thanks in advance! BTW i am fixing this up for a friend who has lou gerhigs disease and this will greatly help him out and get around his property.
NorthernCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2013, 04:37 PM   #2
NorthernCat
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G1 source coil

Womdering if this one would work? http://www.ebay.com/itm/170885781076...84.m1438.l2649
Old 06-25-2013, 06:48 AM   #3
NorthernCat
Not Yet Wild

Bump anyone? I really need some guidance where to get one or if the one in the link would work? Thanks
Old 06-25-2013, 12:31 PM   #4
kev2504
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I have learned a few things from this forum. There is a lot of information out here.
The positive lead from the battery goes to the solenoid. The opposite large screw goes to the starter/generator.
You should take a look at the Sticky for the wiring testing to trace back your problem.
Good luck
kev2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:38 PM   #5
NorthernCat
Not Yet Wild

Hi i have done the resistance tests on the source coil, hence why i am asking where i can get one. I am wondering if the one in the link i posted will fit. I think it is the source coil because i am getting nothing with a new coil installed (original failed tests), two different cdis have been tried to no avail and the source coil was found to fail tests, pulser coil had passed ohm readings.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:03 PM   #6
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernCat View Post
Hi i have done the resistance tests on the source coil, hence why i am asking where i can get one. I am wondering if the one in the link i posted will fit. I think it is the source coil because i am getting nothing with a new coil installed (original failed tests), two different cdis have been tried to no avail and the source coil was found to fail tests, pulser coil had passed ohm readings.
Are you taking the ohms readings at the wireharness/CDI conections or at the bullit connectors at the comeing out of the engine? No promises, but I'll check tommorrow if I have a new or used sorce coil.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:44 PM   #7
NorthernCat
Not Yet Wild

I did both, through the harness and with the engine on the bench at the connectors. Test results identical.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:37 PM   #8
Sab24711
Not Yet Wild

ricky stator in ca, google it. 100 bucks rewire or look for stators in snowmobile engines around that year.
Sab24711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:45 PM   #9
NorthernCat
Not Yet Wild

Well if that is the case then either one of these should work?

http://www.mfgsupply.com/01-085-9.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170885781076...4.m1438.l2649=

same part number anyways....
Old 06-29-2013, 10:53 PM   #10
Sab24711
Not Yet Wild

Try to get the supplier to send dimensions. I know the holes are 2 1/4 center to center I found one in a friends garage. It the best spark its ever had but she floods now so idk if that caused it. Yamahas always have had crap electronics ( from what i hear) I mean they all go eventually but yamaha has never been a leader. You will be surprised how many parts can swap, If something worked they kept it. Look at honda! .......Sorry guys
Sab24711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha