lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2013, 05:41 PM   #11
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: two batteries in a gas cart

The 6v trojans do have more power density, but you know most people they go get another 12v battery. Suppose you don't have to use a second 12v all the time.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-12-2013, 07:52 PM   #12
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The original post says he is always killing the battery. Having 2 6 volts will keep the batteries equal and you will get more life out of the stereo and longer life out of the 6 volts. I really struggle to see the downside of 2 6 volt batteries. I am looking at a gas RXV with a pretty elaborate stereo 6 speakers and an 8" sub on a limo cart and that is the route I will personally take.
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:32 PM   #13
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Twin 6v is better, its a matter of cost and fact that you must run both....otherwise a better solution. Some people run the amplifiers off the second battery and either put an isolator on it or get a constant duty solenoid that connects them when running. When the subs quit working its time to charge it up.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:21 PM   #14
misterpowertools
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I got a single group 31 AGM battery to fit in mine... roughly the same reserve capacity as two 24's. 84 marathon.
misterpowertools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:04 PM   #15
ezgo pusher
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

is there a deep cycle that would fit in my cart i was thinking that if you didn't have a amp to run it would do better then a regular battery, I was wondering because i added a small 12 volt air compressor and a radio i am going to use compressor for drag car hope it works.
also i tried to find what is the stk amp rating and or cranking amps
ezgo pusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:30 PM   #16
sbklf
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Current being the same in a series circuit, you will only get the amp hours of the smaller battery in series set. Point is, matching is just as important with 6's in series as 12's in parallel. Two 115Ah 12's in parallel have the same capacity as two 230Ah 6's in series, I dont see an advantage. In my part of town, 12's are easier to come by so I would use them. If you load exceeds your supply (generator output), your battery or batteries are gonna go down.
sbklf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:37 PM   #17
gadavis
Gone Wild

Max amp from starter generators is usually 14-15 amps.
gadavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:28 AM   #18
sbklf
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

As for considering the charging system, dont worry about it. It will put out the current that it is rated for safely. If your load exceeds your generators output and you don't let it catch up (run during the day without lights, run without the stereo on...) you might consider a higher output generator.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:38 AM   #19
sbklf
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachanga90 View Post
Dual-Batteries will ease the load on the starter/gen.
Not so, if you ran 10 batteries and they were all connected to the charging system, your generator would still have to put out enough current to match your load and additional current to charge the batteries to prevent them from draining. The difference is you can run longer before depleting multiple batteries (more capacity) than with a single battery.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:49 PM   #20
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

6 volt batteries have a higher power density, they hold more power. That is why RVs and solar stuff use them. The plates tend to be heavier also to resist warping/etc under heavy discharge. For most uses you don't need them, I would recommend a marine/RV or just a larger truck battery that still fits in the cart if you want more power with the cart off. 1000CCA battery is a lot larger than a normal car battery. Still not a bad idea to use a second battery if you plan to kill it with a stereo while sitting still.

You can put a car alternator on, even if you underdrive it (use small pulley on engine to lower rpm) they still make a lot of power.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO