lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2013, 04:06 PM   #1
twoot76
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy 99 gas club car revs then stalls

97 - 99 not sure on year gas club car tranquility , i am having trouble with cart it is starting but it revs up but stalls out but comes back only to stall out again and keeps doing this , i have cleaned an inspected fuel pump , carb , gas lines , air filter , needle on float and jets , unplugged rev limiter , changed plug , all seems in good working order im stumped ive noticed that on the end of rev wire is a little box/relay that if wire is off it wont start at all could that be it ? have no way of testing or maybe something to do with something else ..
twoot76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2013, 02:58 PM   #2
twoot76
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 99 gas club car revs then stalls

if anyone has anything of help please let me know ive looked at other threads and tried everything and nothing yet
Old 09-24-2013, 07:24 PM   #3
gwunited2
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Put it in maintenance mode and see if the clutch is opening up all the way. Mine was acting similar. Clutch wasn't opening and rev limiter would kick in. I Blew out the clutch with compressed air and also added a few shots of deep creep, problem solved. It's been working great for a week. We will see how long it lasts though.

I too did all the work you did before someone mentioned cleaning the clutch. It's not a thorough job but it worked well enough.
gwunited2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:18 PM   #4
twoot76
Not Yet Wild

thanks will try it and let you know how it goes ..
Old 09-26-2013, 11:41 PM   #5
twoot76
Not Yet Wild

ya tried it and nothing Im stumped
Old 10-07-2013, 02:17 PM   #6
twoot76
Not Yet Wild

ok still no luck i would hate to start buying new stuff so does anyone know how to test rev limiter or ignite r
Old 10-27-2013, 01:11 PM   #7
twoot76
Not Yet Wild

ok to my surprise of no help on here ... the whole time it was igniter shorting out , bought new igniter and runs like new even made other mods now running better mph and all ..
Old 10-27-2013, 01:19 PM   #8
Xact1
Gone Wild

Club Car

Twoot76, the CC gas forum just doesnt seem to get as much activity as the electric forum. Glad that you found the problem.
Xact1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 05:20 PM   #9
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xact1 View Post
Twoot76, the CC gas forum just doesnt seem to get as much activity as the electric forum. Glad that you found the problem.
I agree and am happy that twoot found the problem! (without an answer here in the gas forum), Gassers just don't have as many problems!
With the explanation of twoots problem... It could have been a number of different things!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 06:30 PM   #10
twoot76
Not Yet Wild

well the way it was acting I was most certain that it was fuel related problem the way it would start and idle fine but when given throttle it would run strong for a few seconds then just die out then spit and sputter and or stall but would crank right back up like it was running carb dry , so just for the heck of it went to local lawn mower shop and bought igniter for a hedge trimmer .." club car or dealer $89.00 " lawn mower shop mom pop store $14.00 and the thing runs great ... hopefully anyone who has read this it solves there problem ..

Tags
club car 1997, power loss, stalling
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car