lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2013, 12:18 PM   #11
beachcarter
Gone Wild

Default Re: 98 ezgo spindle question

I believe you are correct. In that case the thrust washer may not be needed when using replacement drop spindles. I am definetly going to get new kingpins when I do my long travel lift. Now I need to find replacement stock spindles.
beachcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-23-2013, 12:18 PM   #12
crash test dummy

this may help ...

4:40 starts spindle removal and install

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sG5Wj5Hg_g?t=4m40s
Old 10-23-2013, 12:35 PM   #13
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

bc, check your pm's
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:53 PM   #14
beachcarter
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
this may help ...

4:40 starts spindle removal and install

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sG5Wj5Hg_g?t=4m40s
That link did work. It says invalid request.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:00 PM   #15
crash test dummy

well darn works for me
try this .. spindle is at 4:40

Old 10-23-2013, 01:12 PM   #16
beachcarter
Gone Wild

I went to you tube and searched ezgo spindle lift and found that same video. I see plain as day he out the thrust washer between the top of the spindle and the axle mount. Like I said its been 4 years since I installed my lift, and frankly its never driven right, always wants to wander. I'm fairly certain I didn't install that thrust washer. I will check this afternoon when I get home. Not sure if this washer missing would cause my cart to wander the way it does. Ive always just dealt with it but with the added power of the clone motor I installed it multiplies the problem and is even harder to drive so I gotta get it right. I'm taking it to a guy who everyone tells me is the master at aligning golf carts to have him align it for me but thinking I should maybe hold off if I don't have those thrust washers I may be wasting my money. I've tried to align it several times myself but never have any luck. I'm wondering now if its because I may be missing this thrust washer? I will check it out this afternoon and let you guys know. Thanks for all the help. You guys are awesome.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:33 PM   #17
crash test dummy

note : i had the wandering happen to me on a stock ezgo ... i tightened the king pin down and it stopped the wonder
other suggestions link ---> http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...o-walking.html
Old 10-23-2013, 02:35 PM   #18
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

#11 is the thrust washer, goes on top the spindle, it's brass and what the cart rides on, it's larger than the king pin tube OD so when you tighten the bolt it pinches the axle U against the king pin tube and not the washer (or spindle) and the spindle/cart rides on the washer.. hope you have one.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:02 AM   #19
beachcarter
Gone Wild

I checked my spindles. I did in fact reuse the thrust washers when I installed the jakes spindle lift. Surprised myself on that one. If the instructions dont call for reusing them, which they dont I normally wouldnt have.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:09 AM   #20
beachcarter
Gone Wild

I take that back. When i did the lift 4 years ago I used the instructions that came with the kit. I have noticed over the years that Jakes has gotten less and less detailed in their instrucions. For example I have considered doing the long travel lift for some time. When I first looked into I looked at the installation instructions to see how difficult it would be. The instructions used to give step by step instruction on how to remove the stock fron suspension. Now it simply say "disassemble front end as seen in figure 1". So back then the instructions may have instructed to save the thrust washers and reinstall on the new spindles. Regardless though I did install them when I installed the lift so my plan is back on track to have my golf cart guru go ahead and align the front end for me.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO