lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2014, 11:33 AM   #11
Rotozip
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Where are you drive guys putting your headlight switch? My next project is to purchase and install head/tail lights on my drive.
Rotozip is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-14-2014, 02:15 PM   #12
xjwillx
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: My Drive Build

Right by the ignition. I need to update my build as I have made some progress. I will take a picture to show you tonight. It fit nicely and looks natural.
xjwillx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:42 PM   #13
Rotozip
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Cool can't to see your latest progress pics.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:41 PM   #14
dbmachine
Gone Wild

I put mine in the factory location to the left of the pop out plastic cover beside the key. Theres a little indent that you use on the inside under the cup holder to drill the hole.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:23 PM   #15
xjwillx
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Rear seat is basically done and most of the body is on. I had a heck of a time with the rear seat. If you do a jakes lift don't put in the long bolt for the rear plate until you install the rear seat. I had to take it out for both the bagwell and again for the rear seat. I would also recommend doing under light kits last as I had to keep moving them as I drilled through the bumper frame for the lift and seat.

Seats are all covered and ready but still holding off till then end to put them on. I did put the front on temporarily to test the speed spring. It made a world of difference. I know there are opinions on the good and bad but I decided with every bolt on accessory I am probably jeopardizing something. Also, if something goes bad it just makes it easier to buy something bigger. So far I was glad I put it on when the cart was opened up.

All the wires are ran and I have it all buttoned up and zip tied down. Was surprised by how many feet of the plastic wire protector I went through.

You can see on the pics were I put my headlight switch. I also took a pic of the cigarette lighter. There isn't a lot of dash room so I just put it underneath the dash on the passenger side.

Next up is putting in the overhead stereo, installing the dash cover, putting on the last pieces of trim and adding the windshield. Almost there...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0749.jpg (180.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0747.jpg (183.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0746.jpg (120.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0752.jpg (155.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0750.jpg (187.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-14-2014, 08:26 PM   #16
xjwillx
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

A couple more pics. Went with the 10 fuse block so I could continue to add. Right now I have lights, horn, stereo, under lights, and the cigarette lighter. What else do you guys have on your carts? Once it is done I know I will have an itch to put more stuff on it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0751.jpg (146.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0753.jpg (106.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0754.jpg (164.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-14-2014, 09:59 PM   #17
Rotozip
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Looking really good. Thanks for showing where you put the light switch.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:08 AM   #18
robertakamagoo
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I put mine c. Lighter and I pod charger were you put the golf balls I used the 1. 1/4 hole saw.
robertakamagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:39 PM   #19
BisonGolf
Getting Wild

Yamaha

WOW! Thanks for the pics of the fuse block. I just purchased one and was planning on putting it in the same place. Is your fuse block switched? Now I know where I will put mine. I did purchase some different light switches and plan on putting them on the dash just right of the steering column. Mine are similar to this only has a symbol in the middle.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Red-LED-Ultr...8ec7a3&vxp=mtr

How hard was the seat covering to do? Does it match the original contour of the seat? I am thinking of doing instead of ordering some custom seats.
BisonGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:56 PM   #20
xjwillx
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

The fuse block is directly wired to the battery and doesn't have any switches. The only way to disable something would be to remove the fuse. Everything has its own switch so I went with a cheap fuse block.

The seats weren't that bad. I would recommend getting another set of hands though. It was easer to pull and have someone staple. I was actually surprised how they followed the contour of the original seats. I will take a close up so you can see for yourself but by stretching tighter in different areas helped it ride the lines better. If you go this route MadJax has a decent video on youtube. I didn't have the same seat skins but the concept applied the same way.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha