lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2014, 10:46 PM   #1
KeithKman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Newbie here. Oil question?

Hello all. I picked up a 2003 TXT that is raised up on 23's. The cart will be mainly used at our place at the lake in the summer. The cart has a rear seat and will be used to shuttle family members down to the water and back up the very steep 1/2 mile launch ramp to our place.

Weather in the summer is typically 110+ degrees air temperature, cooling off to the lower 90's at night.

I read the Tech Sub-forum and I see you guys recommend to use 10w-30 oil. I see the TXT manual online says under heavy load in temperatures over 40 degrees to use a 10w-40 oil.

I picked up Mobil1 10w-40 High Mileage (only 10w-40 synthetic oil I could find). Will I be ok running this oil or should I run a 10w-30? Could I run any "X"w-40 oil?

Thanks again!
KeithKman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-10-2014, 07:46 AM   #2
bigjohn141
Getting Wild

Default Re: Newbie here. Oil question?

You should be fine with the 10w-40. It will be ever so slightly thicker than the 10w-30 but since you have a 4 seater that is lifted it's not a bad thing. I'm not really sure what they do in the new "high mileage" oils, it's been a few years since I was in the auto parts game, but it's probably just some different additives. I'm sure you know this already but just remember that your factory dip stick marks won't be correct since the cart is lifted.
bigjohn141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:00 AM   #3
KeithKman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Newbie here. Oil question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn141 View Post
You should be fine with the 10w-40. It will be ever so slightly thicker than the 10w-30 but since you have a 4 seater that is lifted it's not a bad thing. I'm not really sure what they do in the new "high mileage" oils, it's been a few years since I was in the auto parts game, but it's probably just some different additives. I'm sure you know this already but just remember that your factory dip stick marks won't be correct since the cart is lifted.
Thanks for the reply. Yes I know, I saw that in the tech section. Thanks for reminding me. I was going to put in 1.5 quarts and then make a little mark on the dip stick where the oil is at.
KeithKman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO