lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2014, 06:51 PM   #1
dirtcrew
Not Yet Wild

Default Need some Help G9 Gas!!!

I have had issues for 2 years with my cart not running right. To make a long story short here is what I have replaced: Carb, Fuel Pump, Fuel lines, air filter , fuel filter , spark plug Air shroud, Coil , Battery. My cart is a G9 GAS CART. WELL after I replaced the coil it seems to start good and ran perfect for 2 weeks. Now it is starting to sputter and spit and backfire again. I have been reading other post is it possible it is the igniter ?? The issue I was having is cart was great until hot then wouldn't run well think coil was getting hot and breaking down. Please help me I am so frustrated with this thing.
dirtcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2014, 07:29 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Need some Help G9 Gas!!!

Unfortunately ignitor can also get hot and have problems. Some you can move the plug, cool it, or squeeze the case and they work fine all the sudden. Buy a cheap spark tester and check it when it quits. Coil can also do that so it may have been bad. Either rarely go out but at age of these carts it does happen.

Also check the valve lash it can cause problems and not hard to set just need some feeler gauges. Make sure you seal that cover on well afterwards because the oil will run onto fins and fill them with dust and dirt and make it really hot, which can also be a problem with age even with no oil leaks.

The VR can also go bad but I think that usually kills it and it wont run. Also make sure the airbox is sealed really good and tight, or jet the carb richer, and use the new ngk2xxx plug as for newer yamahas if you are not.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:53 PM   #3
CAMPERCART2013
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Need some Help G9 Gas!!!

Dirt,
sounds like what I just went through.try to find a used ignitor maybe someone on here has an extra oneG1-G9 whatever you do don't but a knock off buy a Yamaha new if you cant find a used one from what ive heard. good luck
CAMPERCART2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha