lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-13-2014, 12:23 PM   #11
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Wiring Eagle Eye 9W LEDs

I just used 6 of these on a light bar. BrewCity is right, the throw is nowhere near what my incandescent bulbs do. But nobody can miss me driving up anymore. NO WAY YOU CAN MISS THESE when facing them. My LEDs illuminate well for a dozen feet and marginal for 24 feet but the incandescents reach much further.

My LEDs look EXACTLY like your LEDs, I think we have the same model. If they are the same, then these are like flood lights and not spot lights. I am very happy with my light bar. I will upload some pics tonight.

On a side note, LEDs tend to consume more power as they get hot. When they consume more power, they will get hotter... It makes for a vicious cycle until the LED burns out. I have not yet, but plan to add a resistor inline to prevent this. They 'may' have a limiting resistor already built in, but I don't know for sure. I suppose you could measure the resistance of the LED, but I don't know what it should read with/without a resistor already. For a dollar or two, I figure it's worth the insurance. Just my $0.02
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-13-2014, 01:43 PM   #12
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Here it is being assembled. 2 by 2 square tube aluminum that I hit with spray can bedliner. There are two holes in the back where the wires will come out.

Here it is will all 6

Hoping to put in the resistors tonight and mount. I will post pics when it's on the cart.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 05:13 PM   #13
Hunting Cart Rookie
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Nice! They are the same model. I tested the two lights last night just holding them. I am going to mount them facing forward. I plan on using them as "stealth mode" lighting when driving through woods to deer stand but mainly during turkey season. They are bright enough for me to see our private dirt roads but they don't throw light up in the trees and aren't as bright as the factory headlights. I'll post pics tomorrow night once I mount them.
Hunting Cart Rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 09:11 PM   #14
Hunting Cart Rookie
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Well, I drilled out the first reflector plate and mounted the light and it looks awesome. So of course the second reflector plate cracked into 3 pieces, $&@!. So, what material at Lowes or Home Depot can I use to replace it? Black diamond plate, chrome, stainless. Or should I get another reflector plate from EZGO?

First set back!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (133.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-13-2014, 09:28 PM   #15
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

The amber reflector? Wally World http://www.walmart.com/ip/20531292 $3 for the entire assembly
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 09:49 PM   #16
Hunting Cart Rookie
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

It's actually not a light, it was just a reflector plate. 3" x 2". I drilled a hole through the center of it and slid the light housing through it.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:10 AM   #17
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Pretty sure it is the same lens cover and if you don't want the light part just pitch it. They are what I use with my ST cowls.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 10:22 AM   #18
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

KG is right on the $ - that's a standard trailer light lens ... I did the taillights on my current build by popping out the lenses and cutting out a replacement set from Diamond Plate, then drilled them as You did, I am actually waiting for my Amber LED's to arrive so I can do the same with the lights You are working with.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 07:02 PM   #19
Hunting Cart Rookie
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Advanced Auto Replacement Lens kit. $5.00. I heated the tip of the drill bit to melt the lens while drilling to prevent cracking. Results below! The lights are installed through toggle switch to fuse box. I think they will work perfectly as stealth lights when creeping during deer and turkey season. See difference below.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:06 PM   #20
Hunting Cart Rookie
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Factory lights beside LEDs mounted through center if reflector.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (161.6 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO