lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-06-2019, 08:23 PM   #1
tpdtopcop
Not Yet Wild

Default Was looking at club car precedent 48 volt but found a G22 gas have ?

Hi all new to carts and have been looking at club car precedent 48 volt and the prices are high and sellers are not budging. I found a 2004 Yamaha G22 has in great condition and agreed on a price of 1750. Is this a good deal or no? Also would this be better than electric?
tpdtopcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-06-2019, 09:19 PM   #2
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

Default Re: Was looking at club car precedent 48 volt but found a G22 gas have ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpdtopcop View Post
Hi all new to carts and have . . . . and agreed on a price of 1750. Is this a good deal or no? Also would this be better than electric?
Sounds like a good deal for around here. ( Northern California)
“ gas better than electric “ ? You’ll likely get some informed opinions here, but it seems there’s a lot to consider. Where I live is all hills and gas seems to do better for that application. Electric is quiet, if that’s important. Nobody here remembers to plug one in, so it’s gas for us!
jclark138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 10:09 PM   #3
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Was looking at club car precedent 48 volt but found a G22 gas have ?

I’m en electric person for sure. But that price doesn’t sound too bad. Even better if it’s upgraded like a rear seat or lift kit, if it is. We had a gas G22 a few years ago- it was good and reliable.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 01:06 AM   #4
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: Was looking at club car precedent 48 volt but found a G22 gas have ?

Anything 2004 great condition (new batteries or gas runs perfect) is a steal at that price.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 05:58 AM   #5
tpdtopcop
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply’s. No lift kit or rear seat unfortunately, that will be on me.
tpdtopcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 06:41 AM   #6
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

That sounds like a good deal. The G22 is a great cart.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 06:42 AM   #7
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Even if it needs some work, if it's not knocking or smoking that's a pretty good price. Tune up is cheap and easy.

Gas vs. Electric it really comes down to personal opinion and use. Are you planning to take it camping or use it for golf? Check your campground or golf course, some only allow electric. Electric has instant torque off the line so good for towing (not to say gas wont tow... I've towed plenty heavy loads). If you live in a really hilly area, you'll benefit from gas IMO. Every electric cart I've had loses a noticeable amount if speed climbing steep hills. They do it fine but slow down until they get to the top. Most of my gas carts will maintain, if not gain speed on demand climbing even very steep hills as long as clutches and belt are in good shape.

Electric is quiet and some people complain about smell of gas carts (though I've never experienced that). But, for maximum battery life you really need to keep it plugged into the charger anytime you're not using it. And if you run the batteries down a good ways (long day lots of use) it can take overnight before it's ready to go again. With gas, no chargers to worry about just fill it up and go.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 06:45 AM   #8
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Good price if it's in good condition.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 12:43 PM   #9
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

I wouldn't pay that for a gas cart unless I knew 100% the engine was good but I buy them to sell, well most of the time. I got 2 now in my shop that for some reason I can't seem to part with one more at home

My 43year old son and his family wanted a cart. I found a perfect 2004 electric EZGO that needed batteries for $500 . We found batteries at the NAPA store for $600 and they has been riding since .

I don't get called to work on it which is a plus for me because he lives 20 miles from me.
He did complain that when he went to steep hills it got low on power. I told him to not go up steep hills lol
We did add a GTW rear seat and three leaf springs before it left my shop in May.

Show us some pictures of both you are looking at.

I always tell people if you can't work on engines then get the electric. I do agree they do seem easier to drive.

My 8 year old granddaughter will not even drive my gas carts now. She said the electric cart they have is quite and better driving for her.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 02:44 PM   #10
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post

I always tell people if you can't work on engines then get the electric.
This is some very wise advice! I frequently take for granted because it's easy to forget most folks know nothing about working on motors.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha