lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-09-2017, 05:19 PM   #1
mcguire22
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Default 2009 xrt 1550

Alright, so I just bought a 1550. Very impressed with the build and it has a Curtis cab which is awesome for the upcoming winter. My problem is when I drive it the website says 25 mph top speed....... it goes maybe 10. And when I put it on a hill it will hardly crawl up it.... so, I'm sure I have something going wrong with the clutches because he motor runs great. Now, how do I check he operation to diagnose what is going on? Also, looked at the secondary clutch and it has a new purple spring, is this the right color? The gentleman I bought it from said he put it on but I'm not sure it ifs right or not. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mcguire22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-09-2017, 05:32 PM   #2
mcguire22
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Default 2009 xrt 1550

And it looks like it may have some aftermarket clutch kit? It says team rapid response

Old 10-10-2017, 05:08 AM   #3
mcguire22
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2009 xrt 1550

Alright, so I guess the team clutch is what they put in them from the factory. I removed the belt which seemed very loose( I can squeeze the belt and touch in the middle). Started it up and the primary clutch opens and closes fully. I removed the secondary clutch and snap ring to access the spring. Can anyone tell me if this is suppose to be a purple spring? Also, the belt number is in the pic, is it right? It just seems really loose. Thanks guys

Old 10-10-2017, 05:39 AM   #4
Zahmd
Not Yet Wild

not sure as I own an xrt 15oo- (and diesel) but I know the 1500 is bad for rear carriers going out. Mine would slip from a dead stop- or going up a hill. Tahoedawgz71 is the expert- and can get you parts- If you don't get the answer you need- email/text/call him- He is reputable, and trustworthy- he is a member here
Zahmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 07:32 PM   #5
mcguire22
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Default 2009 xrt 1550

Sounds good, thanks for the info provided. I dug into it a little more today. I figured it is going to need a belt so I installed one. Upon removing the secondary clutch to check and clean I noticed spots were the belt had been riding. This machine has 2700 hours so I ordered a secondary clutch today for it. Just as info, the belt made a huge difference but I think there is more to be gained. I will update early next week when my part shows up.

Old 10-10-2017, 08:57 PM   #6
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

2700hrs on an XRT is beyond belief, Picture Yourself living to 203 ...
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 04:59 AM   #7
mcguire22
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Haha, I don’t want to live that long the way the world is....... it was used at a lumber mill and the guys kept the key on all the time so I’m not sure how the meter works( key on or motor running) but the engine runs great and I only paid 3k for it with a cab so I figured I couldn’t go wrong. If the motor blows, here comes a diesel install!

Old 10-18-2017, 05:25 AM   #8
mcguire22
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Alright, so just a heads up for anyone who is interested. New belt, new secondary clutch, runs like a top. This thing will be awesome for winter work now.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car