lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2018, 02:27 PM   #11
SmeltShackBBQ
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Thoughts on a lifted Carryall Turf 2?

So it's home. Only problem I have found is that the governor has been messed with, this thing is really fast, but at full throttle, it filled the yard with smoke. So it's revving too high. I bent the bracket back some, it's still faster than our DS ever thought of being. It accelerates up the hill that almost stops the DS. I know taller tires will bog it down a bit, but it has at least twice the grunt the FE290 had with the stock tires.

I'll get some good before pics, this will stay stock til winter. Then it's getting a long-travel, and some rims/ tires, plus a full clean/ polish/ repaint while it's in there. And maybe some hydraulics for the bed. And some lights. And some..... Here we go again...
SmeltShackBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-12-2018, 10:42 AM   #12
SmeltShackBBQ
Getting Wild
Club Car

So here it is, in all it's smallness (for now)... The Wife's DS looks like a monster truck beside it...

This one will be bigger. 10" Lift, with 27" tires, if they will clear the fenders out back. I have a pair of 27s on ATV rims that are 4 on 4, so I can check them before I actually order the cart rims and tires.. The FE350 that's in it pulls pretty hard... Have to be careful not to spin the tires going up the big hill out back, where we sometimes have to back down, and try again with the DS... I have found a hydro cylinder about the right length, and I have an oddball chrome pump left over from my Monte Carlo. So it does look like a hydraulic body lift will work. (and be 95% already paid for). Now to get a roof mounted up, and get some lights on this thing...

Last edited by SmeltShackBBQ; 06-12-2018 at 10:48 AM.. Reason: additions.
Old 06-12-2018, 10:48 AM   #13
bobafet
Not Yet Wild

I am simply posting here because I don't know how to send a private message or question to a specific member. Can anyone tell me how to do it?
bobafet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 12:04 PM   #14
SmeltShackBBQ
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafet View Post
I am simply posting here because I don't know how to send a private message or question to a specific member. Can anyone tell me how to do it?
Should just have to click on their name and it will pop up with a few other options...
Old 06-12-2018, 12:07 PM   #15
SmeltShackBBQ
Getting Wild
Club Car

Sooo... I have been talking with my buddy, who does all of my "heavy" work... he should be able to help get a few things installed soon. Having a bad back is the worst thing ever. Cant lift anything, can't sleep right.. I'd say I can't eat... but that's one problem I DON'T have... They need to come up with a new kind of herniated disc surgery, that comes out BETTER after you have it, not WORSE... But anyway, there should be some updates on this thing soon.
Old 04-10-2022, 09:54 AM   #16
SmeltShackBBQ
Getting Wild
Club Car

Well, I'm back! THAT was a long break.. Some things have changed, some haven't. BUT, I'm back onto getting this Carryall useable again.

I thought I found the issue with it stalling out, there were some bad fuel lines here and there. Got those replaced, along with two new filters. Old ones were NASTY... Anyway, it ended up that the carb bowl looked like a cat puked in it. FULL of junk. Brown, lumpy junk. Assuming it was the remnants of an old filter, from the PO. Also found the breather on the tank had rotted, and dropped the lower "grommet looking" piece down in the tank. Fished that out, plus the electric tape, that again, I'm assuming was some sort of rig the PO had on there, to hold the breather together... I'll check my spare tanks, hopefully I have a good breather somewhere... I put the complete carb, minus bowl and float, in a can of "carb dunk" for a few minutes, then rinsed it off with gas. rebuild complete. Lol. But, it runs better than it has since I've owned it.. Just crudded up. Sounds so much better now.. Accelerates a "bit" better, too..

Anyway... Back to the "build". The plan is still the same. Hydraulic body, with a separate battery, has an on-board battery tender charger.. I'll plug it in once in a while, and that should do it..

Now, the lift. I see that things have gone bad in the parts department in carts, as well as cars.. Are there any lifts out there that are actually available right now? I'd love to have another Jake's long travel, but read they are MONTHS out.. I'll have to do some looking, and see what's out there, that's ready-to-ship.. I want a 6" lift on this one now, instead of ten.. 6" would be more user-friendly, as far as loading things into the body, and getting them back out again. This cart will mainly be used for "fun work", getting rid of yard debris, and carting wood to the BBQ trailer.. Plus a bit of trail riding, and trail maintenance out back.. Plus some watering/ spraying duties, with a large tank and pump. Plus some... you get the idea.. It's a "working toy"..

I'll get some updated pics soon, plus pics of the "older" (1990) DS that's about to be my other "new project"..
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts