lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2020, 07:38 PM   #1
gmecca2
Not Yet Wild

Default Onward HP Dead after 9 days

I bought a 2021 Onward HP and the cart is completely unresponsive on day 9. When plugged in the charger shows a single blue block and a flashing green block. When disconnected the cart is completely unresponsive. I tried flipping it into tow mode and back to run, then engaging the gas pedal but nothing occurs. Help! Really frustrating spending money for a new cart and having it not perform within two weeks. Thanks.
gmecca2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-07-2020, 09:24 PM   #2
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Onward HP Dead after 9 days

Do you charge it after each use?
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 09:39 PM   #3
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmecca2 View Post
I bought a 2021 Onward HP and the cart is completely unresponsive on day 9. When plugged in the charger shows a single blue block and a flashing green block. When disconnected the cart is completely unresponsive. I tried flipping it into tow mode and back to run, then engaging the gas pedal but nothing occurs. Help! Really frustrating spending money for a new cart and having it not perform within two weeks. Thanks.
If I had a brand new cart I think I would be contacting the seller. If there is a problem I would imagine it would still be covered under warranty.
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 06:19 AM   #4
gmecca2
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
Do you charge it after each use?
Yes. I plug it in after each use. I’m going to contact the dealer but they are closed until Monday morning. Wanted to see if I could get the cart working for use this weekend.
gmecca2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 03:38 PM   #5
Brockj50
Not Yet Wild

Any chance you could share what the outcome was? I have a brand new 2021 HP that I have the exact same issue with on day 4 of owning it. Dealer is trying to work with me but was hoping you might share what the outcome was as the dealer is slightly stumped right now.
Brockj50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 04:10 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

You check pack voltage?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 06:41 PM   #7
Brockj50
Not Yet Wild

Voltage is good. USB charger works. On board charger is functioning correctly. Walk away protection is working. You can here solenoid clicking when you toggle from tow to run but you get nothing when you turn the ignition on. The LED gauge that shows battery percentage is not working nor is the reverse buzzer. It’s like there is a blown fuse almost. Pulled the dash off and there is no voltage to the ignition so it tells me the issue could possibly be in the solenoid???
Old 08-23-2020, 07:37 PM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Haven’t seen an onward diagram but the ones for a precedent is here https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...p?t=924&page=3

Looks like there is a 15 amp fuse after the run tow switch that feeds the dash. I would make sure that the run tow had power then find that fuse.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 08:21 PM   #9
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Don't let time go by or tinker with the cart.. You want the burden to be on the dealer and warranty...

If not resolved...let dealer know either a new cart to replace or money back..

Sad to read of this unneeded problem so early in your cart ownership...

Best wishes for a good outcome!
CartsRFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 08:35 PM   #10
Brockj50
Not Yet Wild

The dealer currently has the cart and is telling me they are unable to find the issue. That is the reason for coming to the forum. I saw the person that started the thread had the exact same issue that I am having and was hoping that they may shed some light on the issue. Just hoping I can get a resolve to this quickly as it is literally a brand new cart that was rather expensive and I don’t want to have continuous problems with it throughout the ownership of it. Cross my fingers!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car