lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2011, 12:00 AM   #1
vmax28673
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default g16 overcharging

so i just installed my new starter/gen from rare electrical in atlanta. i ordered it on tuesday at 4pm. it comes UPS wednesday at 2pm. wow.

anyway, i read that a bad voltage regulator will cook the starter so i checked the voltage with the cart in neutral. it runs up to almost 18v then starts bouncing between 16v and almost 18v. i have 2 old vr's that do the same thing. both bad? probably.

so while i'm waiting for the new vr to come, would i be better off unplugging the vr and running off of the battery or will it damage the starter if i run it for a couple days like it is or should i just be patient and wait for the part? btw - i don't run it for long periods when i do drive it.
vmax28673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2011, 03:38 AM   #2
victorjohn
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: g16 overcharging

I have never encountered starters getting bad because of no VR. It's like having a non-charging VR.
victorjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:21 AM   #3
vmax28673
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: g16 overcharging

let me see if i can find where i read that and maybe post a link.
vmax28673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha