lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-13-2012, 09:58 PM   #1
Jim-Baloo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Rear Axle Differential

I am not sure if I have a leak or something splashed up and the dirt has stuck to it. Anyways I am looking to check the fluid level on a 2007 PDS. I must be missing something but cannot find a fill / check plug. I find a large bolt on the very bottom but I am assuming this is a drain plug. Can someone steer me as to the location of the check / fill plug. Everything I read says to fill to just below the threads and when it starts to come out the fill hole it is the proper level so I am assuming that the plug must be on the side somewhere. I am new to this cart so all the help I can get is appreciated.
Jim-Baloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-13-2012, 10:10 PM   #2
Pablob
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rear Axle Differential

That is the fill/drain plug with the cart level you should get a little dripple out of it it's stupid but that's how they do it.
Pablob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:56 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Here is a picture of the differential bottom pan of a 2007 PDS (I "Borrowed" it from, wrongway's H-D build thread )

The plug isn't at the very bottom, so you have to drop the pan to change the oil, or figure out a way to suck it out.

The part of the pan that is hangs below the level of the plug, holds about 10 Oz. of 30W oil.

I used a 60CC syringe to top mine off mine, but something like a turkey baster or a squirt type oil can would work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg posi install 008.jpg (144.3 KB, 14 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:33 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The service manual calls for the pan to be dropped. Remove pan & clean metal grindings from the bottom of the pan. Apply RTV silicone to the clean gasket surface. Fill with 30wt oil just above the drain plug threads. and reinstall the pan.

The manual suggests this for every 5 seasons of golf. If you use your cart for something other than golf then you should do this more frequently.

I find it helpful to have the cart raised on stands so the differential cover mounting surface is level. This requires you to lift the front and the rear of the cart. Use 4 jack stands to support the cart. Make darn sure the cart is stable before crawling under it.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:52 AM   #5
Jim-Baloo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Great info! Thank you everybody.
Jim-Baloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO