lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2016, 12:18 AM   #531
Hokie
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Yamaha G1 owners club-post here

Thanks Cvans. Back atcha especially like that windshield/no top look!!! Hmmm.....think I'll put that on my project list.
Hokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2016, 08:24 AM   #532
meangreenmachine72
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Between setting up pool and cooking out with a few cold ones I managed to get some work done on cart. Put on new wheels and hub caps, finished installing missing air shroud parts, cleaned engine, installed 2nd body lift hinge, replaced some rusty rivets. Still need to install new steering wheel, replace body stop, paint steering colume, and maybe some blue led lights underneath. Hope to get it to beach in a couple weeks and start on another g1 or cc caroche.

I am having a problem with pictures, if I pick 3 or 4 and upload to post only the last one uploaded shows up. What am I doing wrong ?

Back to G1 I may add window myself in future, have been looking for stock roof and roof struts but no luck yet.
meangreenmachine72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 12:02 PM   #533
Bob Mulry
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Hi all,

I bought my G1A in 1999 and I am proud to say that since that time it has never seen a golf course.....

I drag race and this is my support vehicle.....

It rides in my trailer with my car and has been all over this country racing....

With that out of the way I am beginning to feel guilty.....

This cart has been ridden hard and put up wet and has never let me down...

So now I am going to give it a rest and make it like new again (possibly with your help)...

Bob
Bob Mulry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 04:21 PM   #534
meangreenmachine72
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Hi Bob,

Welcome ! Glad to hear the cart has done you well. I have rescued a few from being trashed. They are great carts and can last a lifetime with proper care. There are so many great people on this site that can help you along the way. Make sure you take lots of pictures before during and after. Have a great day. Ken
Old 08-17-2016, 11:34 AM   #535
Cvans
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Welcome here Bob. Don't be shy about posting pictures.
Cvans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 08:08 AM   #536
Tom's Toy
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

New here. Just got a G1 2 weeks ago. I have not found the year yet. It is a later one by the solenoid and the square air box. It runs good and looks pretty good also.
I tried to upload a picture but too much resolution. The seats need to be redone but might just drive it like it is this summer. It has a factory top. I live on a farm and plan on using it around the yard. Have a Honda four wheeler for out in the fields.
I got it mainly for going to antique gas engine shows and swap meets. The wife and I go to several a year. There is quite a bit of walking and I had a new hip put in a couple years ago. So I can just walk so much.
We have a small toy hauler we can use to haul the G1, but am limited in clearance, so can't put a lift on it.
Well I rambled enough. I have learned a lot from this site.
Tom's Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 02:01 PM   #537
Lochlin
Gone Wild

An option regarding seats is to put lawn tractor or boat seats on a cart. I actually just put these on a G1 I just restored:

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...duct_8264_8264

They are made in the US and are pretty good quality. You'll see them go on sale every month or so for $79.00. I like them because they have a vintage look to them.

There are a ton of options with boat seats from a ton of online suppliers.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 02:58 PM   #538
Tom's Toy
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I am thinking about that type of seat but didn't know if I could get them recovered cheaper. I think I would also get a lighter color so they wouldn't be so hot.
Ordered me two new tires and wheels said they would be in the end of next week. Tires have a rugged tread so maybe I can get around better. Didn't want to get out in the cow pasture, till I got them on. Will see how much s::t I can throw.
Tom's Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 03:20 PM   #539
meangreenmachine72
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I have not tried them yet but check out Cabelas Tempress saltwater series low back in white. Remind me of stock seats.
Old 07-31-2017, 10:35 PM   #540
ljtsirk
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I just got a 1980 G1A that has been in a barn for the last 14 years. It does run and after cleaning all the dead animals out of it, it is in pretty good shape with the exception of the clutch which I am not sure about what parts are supposed to be in it. Hope to get it running for my wife who had mobility issues and is all excited to start using it as a garden cart,
ljtsirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha