lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 08:17 AM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Distilled water vs. air conditioner condensation

OKay so maybe this wasn't such a good idea

But posting it on bgw to find out the real truth was
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-02-2011, 11:11 PM   #12
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

I'd like to see the AC water put in. I say go for it
Old 09-03-2011, 07:00 AM   #13
Goatcrum
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Wink Re: Distilled water vs. air conditioner condensation

Hey, man, it is the prettiest, clearest, cleanest, cheapest distilled water you can get. I've been using it in both of my carts for 3 years now with no problems. And 2 RV's. Everybody has their own idea of what is best, but some old folks told me about this; they did it for years so I'm sticking to it.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:41 AM   #14
roady89
nimda
Club Car

oooook. You can do what you want but Please don't recommend it to anyone else on the forums. Just because you say it doesn't make it true. FACT is to use distilled water only. Actually. I should probably delete this thread before someone does it and comes back here bitching because their batteries are messed up.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:52 AM   #15
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
oooook. You can do what you want but Please don't recommend it to anyone else on the forums. Just because you say it doesn't make it true. FACT is to use distilled water only. Actually. I should probably delete this thread before someone does it and comes back here bitching because their batteries are messed up.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:46 AM   #16
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Delete everything but the OP question and this!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
From the Alliance for Water Efficiency:

"AC condensate should never be considered potable. The condensate is collected on surfaces that often contain lead solder, zinc, and other heavy metals. The condensate will absorb heavy metals as it collects on the AC surfaces. Condensate water is essentially distilled (pure) water when it condenses on the surfaces of the AC equipment; and as such it extremely absorbent of everything it comes in contact with. (Pure water is considered the universal solvent) Even if the water is sanitized, the metal contaminants remain in the water."
Old 09-03-2011, 12:02 PM   #17
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcrum View Post
Is it o.k to use the water from an ac unit to fill the battery.?
I have been told it's o.k? and just as good as distilled water.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote "Hey, man, it is the prettiest, clearest, cleanest, cheapest distilled water you can get. I've been using it in both of my carts for 3 years now with no problems. And 2 RV's. Everybody has their own idea of what is best, but some old folks told me about this; they did it for years so I'm sticking to it."

Above is the OP's first and last post SO FAR on this topic. Now I'm sometimes easily amused but side by side these 2 post are amusing
He should have started off saying you knuckleheads are WAY over paying for your battery water. I get mine for free. It has been a family secret for generations that was passed down to me that AC water even before there were AC's is the best cleanest cheapest water on the planet. I have been using it in my golf carts and RV's for years now with no problems. You distilled water snake oil users continue to throw away your hard earned dollars while I laugh all the way to the bank. Well maybe I overdid that a bit.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:49 PM   #18
stretchman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

hey scotty, if I remember H.S. science class right, (many many moons ago, so I could be way wrong) rain water starts as a speck of dirt in a cloud which water droplets are attracted to, untill enough is on it to drop down. 2cents
Old 09-03-2011, 04:08 PM   #19
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

And then it scrubs the dust out of the air as it falls.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:05 PM   #20
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcrum View Post
Hey, man, it is the prettiest, clearest, cleanest, cheapest distilled water you can get. I've been using it in both of my carts for 3 years now with no problems. And 2 RV's. Everybody has their own idea of what is best, but some old folks told me about this; they did it for years so I'm sticking to it.
In Florida our AC systems run all the time and have a ton of AC condensation water flowing through the drain pipes. Along with the water comes a ton of crap such as mold, mildew, dirt, debris, algae, etc. We use chlorine or a similar chemical along with flushing to get this crap out every 6 months otherwise it will plug the drain pipe and back up into the house.

If the savings were big bucks then more research could be done on how to clean this FREE water but with Distilled water as the first choice of ALL BATTERY COMPANIES and then with a second best alternative as Reverse Osmosis I'd stick to their suggestions. As mentioned earlier, many may state a suggestion, whether its right or wrong, proven or unproven, but with the cost of batteries in the range of $500 to $600+ a set, why chance anything... especially when distilled water is everywhere and around a Dollar. But here would be the biggest proof of all... if you feel that confident about AC Condensation water as a source to use in your batteries... then you should also be confident to be able to drink this water prior to using it. You can with distilled... As I see it, it's only safe benefit would be to use it for watering nearby plants

I also have a 40' Diesel Pusher and will never ever use anything other then distilled water for it's 4 inverter batteries... got 2 gallons of distilled in the bay as we speak for cart and coach

PS... My Grandfather smoked 3 packs of cigarettes a day, ate only rare red meat and drank a bottle of wiskey everyday... he lived to be 98! I believe we should change the medical journals to reflect his diet and life style inorder to improve our health Just Kidding!!! LOL
Closed Thread
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car