lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-28-2012, 04:11 PM   #11
gpeak
Not Yet Wild

It has been delivered! It has an ez-go lift, 23x10.5x12 terra trac tires & is quite sluggish uphill. In what order would you tackle projects for performance upgrades? Cables look to be 4ga already...

'06 EZ-GO Series TXT
Sent from my iPad using that TaPaTaLk thingee
gpeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-28-2012, 07:18 PM   #12
arcitech
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 06 Series TXT Speed upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpeak View Post
It has been delivered! It has an ez-go lift, 23x10.5x12 terra trac tires & is quite sluggish uphill. In what order would you tackle projects for performance upgrades? Cables look to be 4ga already...

'06 EZ-GO Series TXT
Sent from my iPad using that TaPaTaLk thingee
If you have good batteries and good cables, then the next step is probably a 500amp controller (I'm using a 400amp Alltrax NPX but I don't have any hills, just sand and streets). Check with the sponsors here, and don't be afraid to make a actual phone call to them to get a recommendation on the upgrade path. Personally I can haul 4 people and a wagon with 2 large coolers full of ice and beverages, 4-6 lawn chairs and beach towels for over a mile on sand and my controller doesn't overheat and none of the wires get hot (unless they are loose). Round trip I put about 6 miles a day on a busy day and I have towed other carts (not recommended) over a mile off the beach. I have a stock motor, Alltrax 400NPX, 21" tires and a Jakes Long Travel lift kit on a 98 TXT.
arcitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO