lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-18-2012, 04:30 PM   #1
TheWingnut
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EZ GO Rear Axel

I just got an EZ GO electric frame. It doesnt have nay of the axels attached to it. It came just as the frame and the shell, so i took off the shell. My problem is that the rear axel doesnt seem to fit on right. If possible can somone please post a picture of how the rear axel goes on or redrict me to a page that shows howit goes on? Thanks,
Wingnut
TheWingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-18-2012, 04:41 PM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: EZ GO Rear Axel

Welcome to BGW

we need to know what year your cart is? and are you talking about putting the whole rear end in the cart?, or is the rear end in the cart and your trying to put just the axle's in?
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:42 PM   #3
rib33024

Can you post some pic's of what you have, so we can see what your working with, i'am sure someone will help you
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:12 PM   #4
TheWingnut
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks.

And i am assuming it is a 2002. And it is comepletely empty just the frame and the dashboard/cupholder part (not sure what its called). Other than that, i have a rear axel with the power cylinder taken off and everything attached to it along with the wires and everything else. I am just wondering how to put the axel on. If someone had a diagram that showed how the axel goes on, like the line-up of the bolts and everything
Old 03-19-2012, 06:10 AM   #5
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

I'm going to assume you are referring to the differential since the axle shafts don't get held in with bolts. All electric carts are relatively the same. I and many others have lots-O-pictures. BTW that last picture is large and all but the 4th picture have the lift block added so don't get confused by that please.

Also the flat metal on each end of the differential tubes should have a raised stud which fits into the leaf springs. Other than older differentials, all of the more modern 86+? units are installed so the motor fits onto the housing from the left.

Hope this helps
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0401.JPG (126.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0402.JPG (140.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-10-21 12.31.05.jpg (292.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-10-01 13.27.53_resize.jpg (382.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-11-02 21.09.50.jpg (160.4 KB, 0 views)
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:16 AM   #6
TheWingnut
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

No i thought i said this its a TXT. I guess i forgot to mention that haha
So none of those axels are what i am looking for thank you though sorry
Old 03-19-2012, 08:34 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

All TXT gas and Electric the axles slip into the spider gear teeth and are held in the axle tube by a c clip inside the axle tube. THe axle is held in the center of the tube by the outer bearing which is also held in by the same c clip. WTH is a power cylinder.
If you want good help try to be more specific and correct in your parts description. I've heard women in the parts house do better.
Attached Images
File Type: png Ezgo Axle & Hub.png (61.6 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:52 PM   #8
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWingnut View Post
I just got an EZ GO electric frame. It doesnt have nay of the axels attached to it. It came just as the frame and the shell, so i took off the shell. My problem is that the rear axel doesnt seem to fit on right. If possible can somone please post a picture of how the rear axel goes on or redrict me to a page that shows howit goes on? Thanks,
Wingnut
Lets try a do over. If your lucky enough to find the data plate somewhere you can plug the info in at this web page. The page also has some pictures on where to find the data plate.

http://www.shopezgo.com/customer-ser...ialNumber.html

Once you know what model of cart you have you can find the illustrated parts manual for your model in the stickies. Other than that I only gave you a general answer for the general question.

Just plug in your serial number and you should get squared up quickly.

GL
Shon
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:17 PM   #9
TheWingnut
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
All TXT gas and Electric the axles slip into the spider gear teeth and are held in the axle tube by a c clip inside the axle tube. THe axle is held in the center of the tube by the outer bearing which is also held in by the same c clip. WTH is a power cylinder.
If you want good help try to be more specific and correct in your parts description. I've heard women in the parts house do better.
What i meant was teh elctric motor i just didnt know the name of it
Old 03-20-2012, 07:20 AM   #10
TheWingnut
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonkulor View Post
Lets try a do over. If your lucky enough to find the data plate somewhere you can plug the info in at this web page. The page also has some pictures on where to find the data plate.

Once you know what model of cart you have you can find the illustrated parts manual for your model in the stickies. Other than that I only gave you a general answer for the general question.

Just plug in your serial number and you should get squared up quickly.

GL
Shon
Thanks that would be helpful! But i couldnt fin the serial number. Maybe if i look harder, but im not sureprised that they would take it off because it was acually used as a golf cart for a golf course near here

[I had to take off the link because im not a member ffor 30 days yet]
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO