lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2014, 01:58 PM   #11
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: Noob needing help on starter cart

Yeah they are CCs. You can get a good cart for 2k. Where are you located if you don't mind me asking?
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2014, 02:07 PM   #12
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

You should be able to find a not too old cart with decent batteries for that price. When you start expecting lights and rear seats or lift kits, expect to pay more. Those are things you can always add later though. I was looking for one about the same price range and was going to add those things myself but most of what I found already had them.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 02:17 PM   #13
Jidx
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I'm in Chicagoland.
Jidx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:47 PM   #14
Jidx
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltLifeCC View Post
You should be able to find a not too old cart with decent batteries for that price. When you start expecting lights and rear seats or lift kits, expect to pay more. Those are things you can always add later though. I was looking for one about the same price range and was going to add those things myself but most of what I found already had them.
That's a sweet looking cart! I'll keep my eyes open. I'm thinking fall and winter may be a better time to get the most gang for my buck.
Jidx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 07:48 AM   #15
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Seems high for an 86 to me. I bought my '98 DS for $800 but within a year dropped a 1k on new batteries. But an '86 would be great starter cart if you got it cheap enough. They don't get any easier to work on.

My advise is to learn more about golf carts until your to the the point of not wondering which one to get. Especially learn about what speed and torque upgrades available for it and how much they cost before you purchase. Resistor carts are very limited until you convert them and that's a lot of $$$.

Good luck in your adventure - you've found the right place to ask questions! Lots of great folks in here!

Sent via TapaTalk
UncleJerm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 01:47 PM   #16
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJerm76 View Post
Seems high for an 86 to me. I bought my '98 DS for $800 but within a year dropped a 1k on new batteries. But an '86 would be great starter cart if you got it cheap enough. They don't get any easier to work on.

My advise is to learn more about golf carts until your to the the point of not wondering which one to get. Especially learn about what speed and torque upgrades available for it and how much they cost before you purchase. Resistor carts are very limited until you convert them and that's a lot of $$$.

Good luck in your adventure - you've found the right place to ask questions! Lots of great folks in here!

Sent via TapaTalk
Good advice on the research ^^^

By the way Jidx, love the avatar!
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car