lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2014, 09:13 PM   #1
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Front Cowl Repair

I've got a pretty good tear/rip (3 inches maybe) on my front cowl , not sure what will stick to it.....I got some JB Plastic weld but haven't tried it , was also thinking maybe the fiberglass and mat might stick but not sure , anybody have any luck fixing theirs ?
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2014, 11:14 PM   #2
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Front Cowl Repair

I used bondo for my gouges for the outside(finish side). For the inside use fiberglass to hold the rip in place. I did this on on metal body (old cart) for a bed for the body filler. I don't see why the resin wouldn't adhere with a good prep.
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 08:26 AM   #3
mazdawg(Mikey)
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

ever thought of contacting a local cart dealer? they usually have take-off factory bodies fairly cheap. I bought a full body, front and rear, for $75 from my local ezgo guy. im sure you could get a front for half that and save tons of time and effort.
mazdawg(Mikey) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 08:30 AM   #4
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdawg(Mikey) View Post
ever thought of contacting a local cart dealer? they usually have take-off factory bodies fairly cheap. I bought a full body, front and rear, for $75 from my local ezgo guy. im sure you could get a front for half that and save tons of time and effort.
hmm.....ill check but I don't think there is one anywhere near me......and too late on the effort part as I have already killed myself sanding the cracking car paint the last tool put on it......
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 03:37 PM   #5
scotter
Gone Wild

Club Car

Hey Budule, if your cowl is pre-1993, i believe it is fiberglass. I know you have an '88, actually two, but the cowl may have been changed by the previous "tool"!
scotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car