lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2014, 05:30 PM   #11
Uknowme8
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: charger and charging issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
You keep a cart diary?
It doesn't matter when you reset the OBC, since the charger will know the current pack voltage and will charge accordingly...
but i thought it did a self diagnostic check and only let it charge as much battery as you used. as to not over charge the batteries
Uknowme8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2014, 05:56 PM   #12
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You are right, the OBC is supposed to keep track of how much energy units were used and return about 110% of that. If at the end of the cycle the pack voltage is within some acceptable range, it is done.
When you reset the OBC and it does not have any saved information of energy used, the OBC defaults to a dv/dt program.
I would reset the OBC before you charge it.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 12:51 AM   #13
Uknowme8
Not Yet Wild

Ok Sooo here we go for the next installment in wtf is wrong with this thing. So after getting the new/barrowed charger from the gc store charged my batteries and drove till my dummy light came on well come to find out when That lite is on if your not on your way back your screwed. 16miles in semi hilly driving with 2 grown men and an average speed of 17mph and top speed of 25. Much better than what I was getting from my charger N e ways after we limped back I reset my obc and pluged her into the loned charger from the store and after over 2 hours of charging at full power the breaker broke again. But it took much longer than it did with mine. And I had a way better charge but it still broke the breaker. So where do I go from here?
Old 05-30-2014, 04:45 AM   #14
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

First don't run the batteries that low. The charger is working full output to try to get the batteries back up. This is likely over heating the breaker. This is just my thoughts on the problem.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:17 AM   #15
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

Is it the breaker or fuse? When you mentioned "v" thing I take that as fuse. Either way it appears you have a short in the cart or a loose battery connection allowing arcing.
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:36 AM   #16
Uknowme8
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epb View Post
Is it the breaker or fuse? When you mentioned "v" thing I take that as fuse. Either way it appears you have a short in the cart or a loose battery connection allowing arcing.
It's the breaker that keeps breaking. Ever sence I replaced the fuse in the charger. B4 that the charger only ran at like 7-9 amps now it is running 17-18. I think for a wile I was only getting like a half power charge like a trickle charge. And it was fine bug now almost every time the breaker pops.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:05 AM   #17
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Since it tripped the breaker of the other charger, I'm thinking it has to be the OBC...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:31 AM   #18
Uknowme8
Not Yet Wild

Is there a way to test the obc or am I at the point where I send it to the local shop?
Old 05-30-2014, 12:10 PM   #19
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I cannot think of anyway the OBC could cause high charging current. Since you have already tried 2 different chargers, the problem appears to be with the cart.

What is the total pack voltage?

That will tell us if any batteries are wired backwards.

What is the voltage measured from the + and - charger socket on the cart?

That will tell us if the charger circuit is properly wired to all batteries.

You may also want to measure each battery as the charger has been running for a while to see if all batteries are increasing voltage. You may have a bad battery.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 12:11 PM   #20
Uknowme8
Not Yet Wild

ok so after poping the breaker twice last night and me going to bed i let the thing sit and when i woke up this morning i went out and reset the breaker and now its charging like nothing is wrong.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car