lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-16-2014, 09:29 AM   #11
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Trailer ramp question

Unhook the trailer,and lower the tongue-jack as low as it will go.That should give you alot better ramp angle,since the nose will be quite low.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-16-2014, 04:44 PM   #12
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by whit71 View Post
I don't know how tall your tow vehicle is but if nose of the trailer is higher than the back of the trailer get a drop hitch to lower the trailer tongue which might give you the angle you need to load up.
Guys thanks for the replies. As I mentioned in my original post my trailer has a side ramp and a rear ramp gate. My problem is loading on the side for the golf cart so the drop hitch does not apply . I was able to load from the back ramp but that is where my Harley will be and the golf cart goes in front of it sideways.
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 04:58 PM   #13
Grinds6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by noserider View Post
Guys thanks for the replies. As I mentioned in my original post my trailer has a side ramp and a rear ramp gate. My problem is loading on the side for the golf cart so the drop hitch does not apply . I was able to load from the back ramp but that is where my Harley will be and the golf cart goes in front of it sideways.
The drop hitch would apply if the front of the trailer is higher than the back of the trailer. If the front of the trailer is higher than the back of the trailer this will cause the front gate to come to more of a point since the gate has to go down farther to make up the distance.
I would agree with the unhook the trailer, lower the jack as far as it goes and then load the cart, jack up the trailer and hook up.
Grinds6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 05:12 PM   #14
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

I had one of these trailers and the side gate is shorter than the rear gate ramp. I ordered aluminum ramps for mine and removed the gate to get a longer slope. Other than something like that, the 3" lift kit is your best option along with rims and tires but this is going to be expensive. The aluminum ramp option is easy to handle and easy to strap down.
http://www.discountramps.com/golf-ca...-ramps/c/2310/

I got these, 109$

http://www.discountramps.com/trailer...S-6012-2000-2/
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 05:23 PM   #15
scotter
Gone Wild

Club Car

What he said, longer ramps!
scotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:34 PM   #16
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

I still think legs on the ramp say 5 to 6 inches would change the slope enough to work. The cart will drive up onto the ramp with it off the ground a few inches. I load mine on a side hill often and the stock tires climb up over the high side of the ramp easy.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:44 PM   #17
LURCH
Gone Wild

Yamaha

If the tr. is made of steel it should be a piece of cake to make the side ramp about a foot longer. That should lessen the angle quite a bit, or go 2 foot what ever it takes to make it work. Use 2X6's and block the ramp up to see how much you need.
I just built myself a tr. for my RZR and only wanted a 2 foot gate but ended up going 4 foot in-case I needed to load a lawnmower or something else on it. Hope this helps in someway.
LURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:02 PM   #18
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
I still think legs on the ramp say 5 to 6 inches would change the slope enough to work. The cart will drive up onto the ramp with it off the ground a few inches. I load mine on a side hill often and the stock tires climb up over the high side of the ramp easy.
Just to clarify. Are you saying put something under the ramp that is approximately 5 to 6 inches tall like 3 2x6 nailed together then have the cart climb the 6 inch curb so to speak to get on the ramp that is now at a lesser grade? That seems worth a shot. The ramp is a bi-fold gate and does not remove easily so would like a soloution that does not involve removing the ramp gate. I'll give your suggestion a try. Thanks to the others who replied. All good ideas
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:22 PM   #19
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Yes, and if that works for you a peice of angle iron bolted to each side of the ramp can be used. It could be made to swing down when needed, or flip around however you want to make it.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 01:26 AM   #20
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

HD springs in the rear and a couple of club car oem front spring plates under the front spring would probably do it.
It's most likely the brake pedal cross bar grabbing the top of the ramp. Or you could try loading it without sitting on it. Be careful
sunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car