lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2014, 09:13 AM   #1
csk47
Not Yet Wild

Question Buying a newer cart

I currently have a 1995 Club Car that I bought used 11 years ago. I want to upgrade to a 2003 or newer. Many cart dealers near me sell mostly EZ Go's but I have been pleased with Club Cars. Are there any tips to help me in buying a used cart? Is there a place on the batteries to indicate their age?
Thanks..
Casey
csk47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2014, 11:39 AM   #2
tjequip
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Buying a newer cart

Where are you located?
tjequip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 11:42 AM   #3
csk47
Not Yet Wild

Port St. Lucie, FL...two hours southeast of Orlando, 1 hour north of West Palm Beach
csk47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:14 AM   #4
gumpbuck
Gone Wild

Club Car

Stick with Club Car. The aluminum frame alone should help you make up your mind. I have a 2002 DS Series cart. One easy way to see if it's a series cart is to look for the swing arms vs the rocker switch for the F&R switch. It's my understanding that upgrades are far easier on a series cart and there are a lot more parts and upgrades available for them.
Also, go 48 volts, on six 8 volt batteries. There are several threads here regarding run time and other benefits of 6 vs 4 batteries.
I'm not sure where the batteries are marked for their date, but I would ask the seller for any proof of purchase. I would also bring a meter or load tester to see the cuurent state of charge/condition of the batts.

If you are interested in a Precedent model, here is a link to a thread I posted a few months back. There are prefered models and years for that cart as well (for upgrades that is...)
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...e-project.html
gumpbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car