lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-01-2018, 11:38 AM   #31
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2007 TXT PDS with 2017 Batteries Slows Down 75% charge and struggles on hills

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat22 View Post
Oh nice. How is that powered?
The Blue Sea distribution block is powered by the output of the voltage reducer, the voltage reducer is powered by a direct connection to my 42V battery pack and the reducer is turned on and off by the keyswitch. I have lights (Head. tail, turn and brake)and horn only and being turned off when in Neutral isn't an issue for me.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-01-2018, 04:22 PM   #32
bearcat22
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2007 TXT PDS with 2017 Batteries Slows Down 75% charge and struggles on hills

Sounds cool.

How do I power my reducer ignition wire? It is only 12v but somehow has to come off of the main battery pack right?

Should I basically add two more connections to + and - and run it through a switch connected to the reducer ignition wire? If so, what size wire and switch should I be using?

Thank you
bearcat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 05:00 PM   #33
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Sounds cool.

How do I power my reducer ignition wire? It is only 12v but somehow has to come off of the main battery pack right?

Should I basically add two more connections to + and - and run it through a switch connected to the reducer ignition wire? If so, what size wire and switch should I be using?

Thank you
The "ignition" wire that turns the reducer on and off should be connected to the battery pack's B+ terminal via a SPST switch. No other wire is needed since the reducer already has a wire to the battery pack's B- terminal.

In a nutshell: There should be three wires with 36V on them connected to the input of the reducer. Two heavy ones (16 ga or, thicker- has to carry a bit over 10A at 36V) from B- and B+ om battery pack and one thinner wire (18Ga or thinner - only has to carry a few milliamps to turn the reducer on) with a switch in it to the B+ terminal on the battery pack.

Two heavy wires on the output side of the reducer. 12Ga or thicker, they have to carry 30A at 12V to the fuse block a B- distribution block.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 01:40 PM   #34
bearcat22
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the help. Some follow up:

My receiver has a yellow memory wire that is connected to the reducer. I assume when I switch OFF the reducer from the + of the main battery back using the SPST switch this will lose power. Is there a way to also connect that to the + of the battery pack or splice to the wire connected to the + for the SPST switch before the switch?

What happens if I dont connect the memory wire? I dont use radio stations but will I lose my bluetooth settings I assume.
Old 04-11-2018, 04:19 PM   #35
bearcat22
Not Yet Wild

In other words, could I have one 18 gauge wire coming from the positive side of the battery pack splice one wire to the memory wireof the receiver and the other to the on off switch of the reducer?

This way the receiver memory will always have such a small amount of power and the reducer will have an on off switch.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:26 PM   #36
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
In other words, could I have one 18 gauge wire coming from the positive side of the battery pack splice one wire to the memory wireof the receiver and the other to the on off switch of the reducer?

This way the receiver memory will always have such a small amount of power and the reducer will have an on off switch.
That will fry the radio, the reducer, or both. Do not attempt. If you want the memory wire to work, you need a reducer with constant and switched output.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 07:42 PM   #37
bearcat22
Not Yet Wild

Wish I would have known that before buying this reducer. Is there any workaround for this? I assume if there is no switch for my reducer it is always on and draining the battery. Is that true? Even with the key in the off position and removed?

This cart will be used only for golf so it’s either going to be on and working or turned off.

I guess I will just move forward without connecting the memory wire of the receiver.

Tags
txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO