lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-25-2021, 05:22 PM   #1
LSUgoTIGER
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default bit of a rough ride

2013 TXT48
  • Curtis 1206HB-5201 Tuned by BobBoyce to 23mph
  • 12" black steel wheels
  • 20.5" Turf Tires (with that standard 's' tread pattern)
  • Heavy Duty rear leaf springs that look to be pretty much flat without any load
  • Steel utility bed on back

Driven primarily on-street around the neighborhood. Plenty of torque, and 23mph is plenty of fun as most other carts in the hood can't keep up with me.

My only complaint is that the ride is pretty rough with any imperfections in the paving. At full speed, the bed/tailgate is shaking and banging and making a huge racket, and I can just kinda feel a bit of flex and stress in the whole cart. The roof kinda shakes/twists but stiffened up a bit when I added the clays basket as it sort of acts as a sway bar for the roof pillars I guess.

Just wondering what I should change to get a smoother ride. Street tires or suspension components?
LSUgoTIGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-25-2021, 06:09 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: bit of a rough ride

Have you tried lowering the air pressure in the tires?

My cart's ride smooths out considerably when I dropped them from 20PSI down to 15PSI.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 10:13 PM   #3
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Agree lower air psi
You mention heavy duty springs but are flat. That is a sign they are wore out. Springs should have an arc to them.
No back seat stock springs, have back seat recommend duel action springs.
Replacing my worn leaf springs with duel action springs made night and day difference on my cart. I rarely have back seat riders and duel action springs solved the problem caused by heavy duty springs that were not needed.
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 08:11 AM   #4
Ezgeaux
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra,1 View Post
Agree lower air psi
You mention heavy duty springs but are flat. That is a sign they are wore out. Springs should have an arc to them.
No back seat stock springs, have back seat recommend duel action springs.
Replacing my worn leaf springs with duel action springs made night and day difference on my cart. I rarely have back seat riders and duel action springs solved the problem caused by heavy duty springs that were not needed.
Where did you get your dual action springs from? Looking into getting some of these soon, my rear springs are flat.
Ezgeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 06:54 PM   #5
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Been awhile but it was from a site sponsor on this forum. Several sell them.
After having installed them a year ago still happy with the performance since 99% of the time no rear passengers but those times I do,still have smooth ride😊
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO