lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-11-2015, 07:25 PM   #21
mymonstertruck
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Batteries test good but light randomly comes on.

Alright that's good to know! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything to jeopardize my batteries during charging. Would this be the same for DPI charger?
mymonstertruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-11-2015, 07:36 PM   #22
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

No, that is strictly an OBC controlled charging thing.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 08:42 PM   #23
mymonstertruck
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
No, that is strictly an OBC controlled charging thing.
Old 03-11-2015, 10:10 PM   #24
shaanar
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
A few thoughts:

The main reason the OBC uses Coulomb counting for charging the batteries is that is the most reliable way to determine SOC. You can use voltage at rest to infer SOC, but it takes some time for the voltage to stabilize for an accurate reading.

If You reset the OBC by disconnecting the pack power for 10 minutes, the OBC loses all information about current condition of the pack SOC as it is stored in volatile memory.

The next time you charge after the reset, the OBC will perform a dV/dT algorithm, which is the same the DPI charger uses.

Also, make sure there is only 1 cable on the pack negative battery post, and that the cable goes through the OBC to the controller B-.

Any other negative cables should be connected to the controller B- or to the bullet connector at the controller provided for accessories.
So I double checked and the wiring is all correct. The ground is done at the controller and there is only one wire going from the last negative post.

After putting the cart in tow mode and disconnecting the power pack for 30 minutes (to be extra sure) I reconnected and plugged in the charger. The battery light came on when I first plugged in and went off as the charger clicked. It did a "normal" PD3 charge thing where it started at 13 amps and eased down to 4 or so. It stayed on that for at least 2 hours. It has not been 8 hours since it went off, but I just metered the batts and I am getting 8.4 on all of them.

I think I bought a cart with some batteries that were severely abused. Does anybody know if I can get any warranty without a receipt for the batteries? From everything I can find they are only 2 years old, but I purchased them used (came with the cart) so I have no documentation on the battery purchase. I have a feeling I will just need to save up and buy new batteries, so any advice on how to not get ripped off on that would be really appreciated.

I do want to say thank you to everybody who took a minute to respond in this thread. Its amazing how nice people can be when they have nothing to gain. I am still learning about these buggies, but if anyone has archery questions I am happy to help as a payback. Thanks again to all.
shaanar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 10:19 PM   #25
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

[/QUOTE]

I do want to say thank you to everybody who took a minute to respond in this thread. Its amazing how nice people can be when they have nothing to gain. I am still learning about these buggies, but if anyone has archery questions I am happy to help as a payback. Thanks again to all.[/QUOTE]

just hang around long enough and you will be passing along what you have learned here to others who have the same problems.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 08:59 AM   #26
mymonstertruck
Gone Wild

Club Car

It's a great place to come for information and yes the people on here are very nice.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car