lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2015, 07:16 PM   #11
jmarcum611982
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: new owner need help

Ok..good info and thanks tag....I didn't remove pos or neg, but upon looking back I guess I'm lucky. ..lol (will do in the future)...as far as switching on the motor is that an issue now or just an inconvenience with the fnr switch being backwards because I'm not real worried about swapping at the motor unless it's necessary.....again thanks for all the info
jmarcum611982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2015, 07:20 PM   #12
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Not really an issue. I've a kitchen faucet the same way.
tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 07:33 PM   #13
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

I should have said it's not an issue until somebody unfamiliar with the cart backs over the dog. You might want to put a warning label by the F/R switch.

Old 06-24-2015, 08:05 PM   #14
jmarcum611982
Not Yet Wild

I guess I should ask what wires need disconnected when servicing? ....every cable on all the batteries or just the main neg and pos coming off the motor?
jmarcum611982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 01:16 AM   #15
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Just the last pos. and last neg. of the series.

While we're at it, the amperage we're playing with will ruin your day if your not careful. Get rid of all jewelry (rings, watches, chains, etc.) when working on the cart. Batteries don't care if it was a St. Chris from grandma . Tape all tools. They will weld themselves across terminals. Lately I've been using an old yoga mat to cover areas that don't need to be exposed while working. Always, always wear eye protection (don't ask what made me a believer). Others will come up with more safety measures but it's late and the brain wants nod off.

Old 06-25-2015, 11:28 AM   #16
theboss20
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Smile Re: new owner need help

All good advice...be sure you know which cables are the MAIN pos. and MAIN neg. cables. You only need to remove those. Because there are usually other small wires associated with those main cables I always keep a wire tie handy and loop it through the eyelets so if one the wires falls down and you forget to reattach them. Also I find taking pictures of how things are wired is a good fallback if needed. Once the main neg. and pos. are disconnected the wires at the motor are no longer HOT. The key is to not let the motor stud spin. Let us know how everything works out. One more thing...the neg cable is first off and last on.
theboss20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car