lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-05-2015, 11:23 AM   #1
G man
Not Yet Wild

Default 08 Precedent Walk away beep while driving

Alright this cart is an 2008 Electric PQ Precedent with good batteries. Recently installed new solenoid, controller and motor. The motor went bad and blew the controller. But now when i drive the cart every time i let off the throttle the carts walk away feature kicks in. The cart beeps, regen kicks in and slows it to a crawl, you can then press the throttle again and the process repeats itself. I am a golf cart mechanic and have been working on carts for seven years, and this is a new one for me. When i hook up the diagnostic handheld i get an active main dropout for a moment, but only after the cart slows its self to a crawl and i press the pedal before its ready to take off again. So i replaced the solenoid. Im personally leaning toward the 16 pin connector as the culprit. If anyone has delt with this issue before i would appreciate some input, thank you in advance.
G man is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-06-2015, 08:17 AM   #2
glassk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 08 Precedent Walk away beep while driving

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...tml#post910949

Read that thread , Carttrader posted

My cart did the same thing as yours only the buzzer would beep along with the drop in speed. Now it may be that the diode he talks about went bad in yours

Maybe TahoeDawgZ71 will check in with some details,..
glassk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car