lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2011, 11:03 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2006 EZ-GO PDS up-hill challenges

flip the run/tow switch to tow ~ remove the controller cover ~ remove the chip (top left hand corner white plug with red wire loops) replace the cover and flip tow switch to run.

test drive
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-03-2011, 10:46 PM   #12
EZ-GoingJon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

BUMP!! Did that solve your problem!?!?!? I MUST know!
EZ-GoingJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:24 PM   #13
scottp27645
Not Yet Wild

unfortunately, no. I just removed the chip, took it around one culdesac and started to climb the first hill (less than 3 mins of riding time) and it completely died half way up the hill. I am beyond frustrated with this thing. My neighborhood requires one to be able to handle hills.......What do I do next?
scottp27645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:28 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You need to upgrade the controller, solenoid, and few cables.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:36 PM   #15
scottp27645
Not Yet Wild

so the motor will handle the upgrade? What kind of cost are we talking? I just have paid for a new controller last week, that of course the place that did it, didn't bother telling me any alternatives, even though I asked.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:51 PM   #16
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Scottyb, I thought all the "speed" chip did was reduce the regen and allow a higher top speed??

Scottp27, sounds like your local guy screwed you, a 400 Amp Alltrax is about 400 bucks, right Scotty? He probably hit you for that much for a stock replacement.

pretty funny...3 guys named Scott having a conversation...
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:54 PM   #17
scottp27645
Not Yet Wild

yea....paid 350+ labor for the install for a re-built stock replacement.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:22 PM   #18
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

OUCH!! For not much more than that you could have been pulling little wheelies with the right controller/solenoid combo

Here's your new problem, if you smoked the orginal controller trying to climb steep hills with a lifted PDS on big tires (me too, minus the hills)... You are going to smoke the one he just put in in no time flat....Seems like that guy should have known that

Here's the good news, start saving a few bucks here and there, now when that "new" controller takes a dump, you can get the right Alltrax controller, HD solenoid, and some cables. Shop around, but our boy ScottyB has some sweet package deals and you can climb all the hills in town, even add some friends on the back - do some wheelies - break a spindle, piss off the wife, and...

Speaking of wives, as soon as mine recovers from wheel and tire shock, new Alltrax, here I come!
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:39 PM   #19
scottp27645
Not Yet Wild

yea...she's already not real excited about my new "investment"....I can't wait until it burns out, I need to do something now, as the cart is basically useless to me in its current state. How do I know how large a controller my current motor can handle? If i'm going to have to spend more money, I might as well do it as big as I can.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:54 PM   #20
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Most everyone agrees the stock motor does not do well above 400 amps but aftermarket motors can take 500 amps......The 400 amp on the stock motor may be all you ever need but, being as you have already been stalling that motor out against big hills I will guess it too has seen some damage which will effect it's useful life.... So if a bigger motor is in your future get a programmable control and turn it down to 400 amps now and up to 500 when the new motor goes in... Shhh......don't tell the wife.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO