lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2011, 04:09 PM   #21
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2006 EZ-GO PDS up-hill challenges

One more thought... once it's all jacked up on golf cart steroids, it may not be safe for the kid's neighborhood cruiser. I watched a brand new ST sport flip over and crush the top supports and rear seat last weekend, he was only doing 22-23 MPH, luckily he was by himself and no one got hurt.

looks like it's time for a 2nd cart! a stock height series cart for the kiddo's to play with!
(yes, we are enablers)

Mine is already "OFF Limits" to children, sitting up as high as it does and capable of 21 MPH, (dosen't sound like much) it can get away from you if you're not careful.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lift4.jpg (270.3 KB, 4 views)
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2011, 04:17 PM   #22
scottp27645
Not Yet Wild

Yea....that's why I liked the idea of taking the speed chip out, but that didn't work......ill make this one my project and get them a mini-me version for Xmas.
scottp27645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:28 PM   #23
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Like the guys said a Series cart is going to suit your needs better. Those are the ones with a shifter by your leg. They have a lot more torque and handle the hills much better. If you are having real issues now why not put the stock rims and tires back on. What size tire and rim do you have on it? Did your dealer not say anything to you about the large tires and a PDS cart?

Just asking since there are some dealers who don't say a thing about lifted PDS carts with big tires and seem to push them more than the series ones.

When I was looking every dealer had a bunch of lifted PDS carts with big rims and tires on them with a back seat. Not one had upgraded controllers or any other item that it should have had for those upgrades. They just want them to look cool!
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:31 PM   #24
TDAWG
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
You bet, speed chips reduce torque.
Are you sure that you want to stick to this? The reason I ask is that I have never found this to be true. The way the different chips are labled or named, makes it very misleading. I have only found them to have different levels of flat ground speed and different levels of regen.
TDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:36 PM   #25
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

We can modify those PDS carts so they will climb hills but you have to change out the motor along with the usual upgrades. So if you are starting an off road project it is best to start with a series drive system.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:55 PM   #26
VCTech
Not Yet Wild

You need an AC drive if you're going to tackle hills with big wheels.
VCTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO