lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2011, 11:12 AM   #1
rhino642zz
Not Yet Wild

Default batteries over and under charging

I have replaced a solenoid on a 2003 NXT PDS and wasn't able to charge or get any response from the pedal in fd and rev. Read that the batteries might be too low a charge to plug into powerwise. Tested all batteries together and they were 27 volts. Decided to charge with a 12 volt charger 2 batteries at a time. First two batteries were 13.2 volts so I moved on. Next two were 13.8 volts, moved on ... last two were 0 volts. Charged the last set for about two hours and they showed more than 20 volts. All the batteries together showed over 50 volts now! This am they were down to about 40 volts so I thought the problem was solved. No response in fd or rev. Turns out first four batteries were about 40 volts by themselves now and the last two .3 volts. What's going on?
rhino642zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2011, 01:15 PM   #2
AzPete
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: batteries over and under charging

Sounds like two bad batteries to begin with. Sounds like you need to test each battery separately.
AzPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:23 PM   #3
rhino642zz
Not Yet Wild

I need to learn how to use my multimeter. All is well sorry to waste your time. Had the meter on the wrong setting so I got wild readings. Charged pairs of batteries separately and each pair read around 12 volts. Cart now plugged into powerwise and is charging.
rhino642zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:42 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Good to hear it.... those digital meters will give crazy readings when the battery in them gets low too... FYI
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 06:36 PM   #5
AzPete
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Better to have to ,earn the meter than buy a set of batteries....leaves more fun money.
AzPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:03 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Good to hear it.... those digital meters will give crazy readings when the battery in them gets low too... FYI
When in doubt - Throw them out.
(Batteries in your Digital Multimeter that is.)

Auto-ranging meters will mess with your mind also. They automatically go to the most sensitive (lowest) range, so make sure you are reading volts instead of milli-volts.

I've chased my tail more than once because of this.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries, no power
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO