lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2011, 09:16 PM   #11
jb1dsl
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: what model do I have and what are these two wires supposed to hook too?

Yeah it was up there so I will wait and see what voltage looks like in the morning.
jb1dsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2011, 10:12 PM   #12
jb1dsl
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: what model do I have and what are these two wires supposed to hook too?

Gonna leave it hooked to the charger tonight and check voltage in the a.m. Then will head off to work and check voltage later tomorrow.

Headlights were a simple fix. PO had hooked them up to a single battery so was only get 7 volts. I went across two and now have 14 volts and bright lights!!
Old 08-31-2011, 10:20 PM   #13
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Txt solenoid activation
power starts on the white wire on the 36+ of the battery pack.
Power travels to the charger receptacle, goes through a reed switch inside the receptacle and comes out on the red 12 gauge red wire. ( check for power here, 1st!)
the red wire travels back through the loom to the forward and reverse switch where it attaches to a micro.
The other side of that micro has a blue wire attached that runs under the cart to the front and arrives at the keyswitch.
The keyswitch then transfers power to a green wire which returns to the area of the forward and reverse switch.
The power then goes through a 4 pin molex connector and travels to the "pedal box" (located under the floorboard of the car) where it goes through a micro and comes out on another red wire.
That red wire comes back up to the controller/f&r area where it once again goes through the 4 pin molex connector and continues on to the small post of the solenoid.
Hope that helps tomorrow when you start checking voltages.....
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:46 PM   #14
jb1dsl
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thx Rabbit
Old 08-31-2011, 10:59 PM   #15
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I swear rabbit is some kind of engineer and just won't admit it. That guy knows so much more about carts and electronics then I have ever seen. I have never seen a question asked and him be stumped and not have an answer. He's the man!!!
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:28 AM   #16
jb1dsl
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well as I walked by it this morning on my way to work I checked the pack voltage. Didnt look good, it was down to 37.2 volts so not good. Still does not solve why I get no movement while pack is at 47 volts. I will research it this afternoon when I get home.
I have some very high AH deep cycle 12 volt batteries that I get thru my job so Im gonna try and hook three of them up and see if I can get it running.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:44 AM   #17
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltf1991 View Post
I swear rabbit is some kind of engineer and just won't admit it. That guy knows so much more about carts and electronics then I have ever seen. I have never seen a question asked and him be stumped and not have an answer. He's the man!!!
lmao... that's because I am smart enough to not try to answer the questions that really stump me...... Kinda like how I avoid all the DCS troubleshooting on here.... Never could wrap my head around the way those DCS carts will screw with you over some of the most minor things.......
Old 09-01-2011, 07:45 AM   #18
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1dsl View Post
Well as I walked by it this morning on my way to work I checked the pack voltage. Didnt look good, it was down to 37.2 volts so not good. Still does not solve why I get no movement while pack is at 47 volts. I will research it this afternoon when I get home.
I have some very high AH deep cycle 12 volt batteries that I get thru my job so Im gonna try and hook three of them up and see if I can get it running.
As long as you realize that you can only use them for testing and to get the cart running.... for reliable usage you will have to replace them with regular golf cart batteries....
Old 09-01-2011, 07:58 AM   #19
jb1dsl
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Why would these batteries not work? They have more AH's than the golf cart batteries in it.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:28 AM   #20
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Post the battery make and model # so we can see what you have.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO