lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2011, 08:53 AM   #21
jb1dsl
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: what model do I have and what are these two wires supposed to hook too?

http://www.fiamm.com/prods/5_fat_eng_0.pdf

Look here, I have fat75,fat100 and fat155's
jb1dsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2011, 11:47 AM   #22
jb1dsl
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: what model do I have and what are these two wires supposed to hook too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1dsl View Post
Well as I walked by it this morning on my way to work I checked the pack voltage. Didnt look good, it was down to 37.3 volts. Still does not solve why I get no movement while pack is at 47 volts. I will research it this afternoon when I get home.
I have some very high AH deep cycle 12 volt batteries that I get thru my job so Im gonna try and hook three of them up and see if I can get it running.
Well I am home now and its been about 5 hours since I looked at the pack voltage. It is still at 37.34 volts so that is a good sign. What float voltage should I be seeing? I am gonna continue putting the pack on charge and let it charge till it cuts off and check all again

Any idea on the battery specs above?
Old 09-01-2011, 12:17 PM   #23
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

here are the specs from a Trojan......

http://www.trojanbatteryre.com/PDF/d...ata_Sheets.pdf

As you can see the AH rating is definately higher. I think (just an opinion mind you) that the batteries you are considering would lead you to shorter run times.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:14 PM   #24
jb1dsl
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Gotcha, I just finished the second complete charge cycle and it read 38.42 volts. Gonna look at the voltage here in a while. The batteries I have access to would be just for temporary purposes.

Still got to get her moving under her on power though.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:10 PM   #25
jb1dsl
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Txt solenoid activation
power starts on the white wire on the 36+ of the battery pack.
Power travels to the charger receptacle, goes through a reed switch inside the receptacle and comes out on the red 12 gauge red wire. ( check for power here, 1st!)

Rabbit you are the man!!! So I got no voltage coming out of the charging receptacle. So I jump the wire and HOLY CRAP I got reverse and a buzzer that scared the crap out of me. What does the reed switch do? Is it like a fusible link? Can it be jumpered or get one asap? Now I need to figure out why I have no forward. The PO had messed with the switches and taken them off at some point. I am gonna try and verify proper configuration on them. Is the forward the switch on the drivers side or passenger side of the selector? Man I'm getting excited to see this baby roll!!!
Old 09-01-2011, 06:31 PM   #26
jb1dsl
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Now that I think about it the solenoid clicked when I put it in forward. Next to check?? Not home now but researching so I will be ready.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:38 PM   #27
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

First, the Reed Switch can be bypassed.... In fact E-Z-GO did just that beginning in 2003. It's sole purpose was to prevent the cart from being driven while the charger was plugged in but it failed more often than it worked....

The Micro on the Driver's side controls power for both forward and reverse, the micro on the passenger side simply controls the reverse buzzer and activates the half speed reverse function (limits the power in reverse to half what it has in Forward).

If the solenoid is clicking in Forward, the next thing to check is if you are getting power on all 4 posts of the F&R while in forward. I am assuming the cart actually moved under it's own power in reverse? If so, then it should be capable of moving in Forward as well.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:44 PM   #28
jb1dsl
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yeah it moved under it's on power in reverse.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:47 AM   #29
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
First, the Reed Switch can be bypassed.... In fact E-Z-GO did just that beginning in 2003. It's sole purpose was to prevent the cart from being driven while the charger was plugged in but it failed more often than it worked....

The Micro on the Driver's side controls power for both forward and reverse, the micro on the passenger side simply controls the reverse buzzer and activates the half speed reverse function (limits the power in reverse to half what it has in Forward).

If the solenoid is clicking in Forward, the next thing to check is if you are getting power on all 4 posts of the F&R while in forward. I am assuming the cart actually moved under it's own power in reverse? If so, then it should be capable of moving in Forward as well.
Rabbit I am going to paypal you some money and have you teach me all I need to know I want to know all this crap you do.
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:19 AM   #30
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltf1991 View Post
Rabbit I am going to paypal you some money and have you teach me all I need to know I want to know all this crap you do.
got about a decade to learn it all? LMAO, everything I know about golf carts comes from the school of hard knocks. Yes, I am a factory trained E-Z-GO tech and have all the various certificates to prove it, however, the carts in the real world don't have nice sterile environments to break down in so you might as well throw out half of what they teach you in the schools.....

Judging by your username (and the fact I have seen what you look like on your PB account) I am gonna guess you are 20. If you really want to make a living working on golf carts (I wouldn't reccommend it but hey, that is your choice) I would suggest you find a dealer in your area and ask to go to work for them. Even offer to start out at minimum wage. My first job working for E-Z-GO was pushing dead carts out of a 5 acre field. It was almost a full month before I picked up my first wrench while working there.....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO