lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2011, 02:10 PM   #1
Nutterbug
Not Yet Wild

Default Newbie looking for advice

I recently bought a 2000 TXT, had new batteries installed, and so far I am loving it. I do have some general questions though.

How do you best maintain your batteries? run them down fully each time, or charge when done? battery meter?

I went out this weekend, and we had some pretty good rains overnight, and i was crossing some fairly deep water,6"-12"? is the motor sealed sufficiently to keep water out? How about splash back up into the controller area? The cart has a 4"lift and fairly large tires, not sure of the size right now.

any adivice would be great, I am really impressed so far, and the cart is mostly stock. Would appreciate any advice on mods that will help performance for hunting, Im not concerned with speed, just quiet mobility.

Thanks in advance,
Randy
Nutterbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2011, 02:17 PM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: Newbie looking for advice

Welcome to BGW

where is your F/R switch, on the dash or down by your knee, and do you have a tow/run switch on the controller cover under the seat??

check out these links about your batteries

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Batter..._Tutorial.html

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Batter...n_Methods.html
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:29 PM   #3
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I also have a 2000 TXT. Running good for 11 years now.
Please confirm how you shift from forward to reverse. Most common is a lever by your right knee.

Cart was designed to operate in the weather/rain. However, exposure to flood is very bad.

Rule of thumb: When you are done with the cart for the day, put it on the charger and let it completely finish charging. Golf cart batteries do not like to sit around partially charged. They do not develop a memory and deep discharges shorten their useful life.

Some good reading about batteries here: http://www.cartsunlimited.net/How_Batteries_Work.html
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:51 PM   #4
Nutterbug
Not Yet Wild

I believe it is a series cart. shifter by my knee. I didnt see a switch on the controller, I believe that is for the PDS cart, my friend has one like that? thanks for the help guys!
Nutterbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO