lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-18-2012, 08:24 AM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Pushed pedal and nothing happened

What yurtle said, plus a schematic with solenoid activation circuit traced out.
It's pretty crude, but red is from B+ to solenoid coil and Green is from solenoid coil to B-.

If you have gotten them already, the PDF files in this post (from Sticky: at top of Electric EZGO forum) are the Service, Owner and Parts manuals for TXT carts 2001 and up, but should be the same or close for a 1997. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...g-manuals.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - Series with KSI traced.JPG (58.9 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by JohnnieB; 01-18-2012 at 11:47 AM.. Reason: Replaced attachment with less crude one.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-18-2012, 08:56 AM   #12
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Find a wiring diagram for your buggy. The diagram attached tells you schematically what connects to what, but it doesn't tell you "how" they connect.

Don't know what your electrical experience is, but if you spend ten or fifteen minutes with Colt's description above and the attached diagram (or one for your buggy would be even better), the solenoid activation circuit is pretty straight forward, but as JohnnB and ScottyB posted, there are a number of pieces all in series, so if any one fails, it won't work.

Next spend some time visually tracing physically how and where each wire runs. For example, The wiring diagram attached indicates KS1 attaches to MS3 by a green wire. In fact, the green wire from KS1 goes near the FNR, where it connects with a blade terminal to a four conductor MOLEX plug, where it goes to the ITS box.

Once you are familiar with what goes where - this is important with an intermittent problems - simply break out your DMM and start tracing from battery positive through the switches until you find where power is stopping. CAUTION, if you choose to troubleshoot this way, make sure to take proper safety precautions - such as jack stands. Don't want the buggy to suddenly lurch forward!
Man Yurtle! Couldn't have been said any better. I really like how you put that. As far as what color wire has what type of connector on end to end. That's a good idea revise my initial directions for me would you? I don't have a series cart to look
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:56 AM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

@ Colt --- If you Shanghaied the schematic that I traced the Solenoid activation circuit out with the crayons they let my have in the loony bin, to go along with your text description, I want to let you know they let me use a straightedge (under supervision of course) and it turned out a little better, so I upgraded the attachment on my earlier post.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:19 PM   #14
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks John. Now we have some awesome information
Old 01-18-2012, 03:34 PM   #15
Duscarter
Getting Wild
Club Car

Thanks guys, might get a chance to work on it Saturday.
Duscarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:25 PM   #16
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Keep us posted. John is the wisdom of this forum. Just watch out when he pops his foil hat on. It gets very technical.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:07 PM   #17
banjobubba
Not Yet Wild

I just trouble shot this problem on my 1992 Ez Go and it was the micro switch associated with the accellerator. I lubed it, worked it, reinstalled it, and that solved the problem.
banjobubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:01 PM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Welcome to BGW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobubba View Post
I just trouble shot this problem on my 1992 Ez Go and it was the micro switch associated with the accellerator. I lubed it, worked it, reinstalled it, and that solved the problem.
That can be one of the causes for this scenario. Your micro is getting tired, they are inexpensive. Buy one for the ezgo peddle box and put it on your work bench so you have it when your MS finally quits.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:31 PM   #19
Duscarter
Getting Wild
Club Car

Replaced the pedal box micro because it was only $6. Ran it around the block then came back and buttoned everything up. Go to move it and all I get is the solenoid click, no movement.

Got out the DVM and followed some guide. On the post closest to the battery of the solenoid, I get 39V (pack voltage). Move it to the other post and get .01.

Next step is to replace the resistor.
Duscarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:30 AM   #20
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duscarter View Post
Replaced the pedal box micro because it was only $6. Ran it around the block then came back and buttoned everything up. Go to move it and all I get is the solenoid click, no movement.

Got out the DVM and followed some guide. On the post closest to the battery of the solenoid, I get 39V (pack voltage). Move it to the other post and get .01.

Next step is to replace the resistor.
Resistors rarely go bad, and won't cause the buggy to not go. Neither will the diode. Both serve to protect the solenoid.

It sounds like you have the solenoid activation circuit fixed. Now you have to go on to the high current circuit.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Doc100-043-B_DWG-AXE-EZGO-Wire-Dia.pdf (174.3 KB, 3 views)
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO